Jon Jones: ‘I’m staying faithful’ for a reduced sentence from USADA

Anderson's sanction make it look really bad for him, showed that they'll consider a negligent positive as a failure when looking at whether he's a multiple time offender. And USADA isn't going to reduce a sanction due to contamination if you can't find a credible source for it, which they couldn't provided to CSAC. Add in the rest of the bullshit that he got called on there, like getting Malki to do his anti-doping education for him... he won't be getting a short ban.

Which sucks, because he's an all time great as a fighter, but he did this all to himself.
Guilty as fuck. Besides him popping for the same shit his nfl bro did in the same year (bros sharing illegal dick pills from the same chick pharmacist?), him having the T levels of a grandpa associated with the 1st DC fight it was obvious cycling. Then throw in his zero moral compass and willingness to use illegal substances that make him feel good.

Fucking cheat fuck, one of the youngest champs ever with athletic ability and a body frame unmatched and still needs to cheat.

I still think jacksonwink is a dirty gym. Fucking tainted supplement, shoulda just said he popped from a night of going down on holly's roid clit.

Then why you hiding under the YAMMA ring, Jon?

"Working my tail off" = letting his manager do his USADA tutorials

They also get money from the us olympic committee, how many olympians have they let off?
They also get money from us cycling which was controlled by lance Armstrongs team boss Thom weisel, how did that work out?
At usada guys like William bock (their chief legal )... Big baseball fan.. How did that work out for Barry bonds?

Good point. But have former USADA officers like Novitzy found jobs in big money sporting leagues/promotions before?
Novitzky is straining credulity by claiming that Jones is probably innocent because he 'couldn't be that stupid'. The UFC has Novitzky and his rolodex of current employees in USADA, maybe an offer of a lucrative appointment in WME could be enough of an inducement to soft pedal the punishment for Jones.

Anderson's sanction make it look really bad for him, showed that they'll consider a negligent positive as a failure when looking at whether he's a multiple time offender. And USADA isn't going to reduce a sanction due to contamination if you can't find a credible source for it, which they couldn't provided to CSAC. Add in the rest of the bullshit that he got called on there, like getting Malki to do his anti-doping education for him... he won't be getting a short ban.

Which sucks, because he's an all time great as a fighter, but he did this all to himself.
4+1 year?

maybe an offer of a lucrative appointment in WME could be enough of an inducement to soft pedal the punishment for Jones.
If USADA did that, WADA would just override them. There's also the fact that USADA makes most of its money outside of the UFC, so bribery over a mid-level draw in Jon Jones would hardly be worth it in the first place.

Dude's got all the faith of a gypsy hooker.

4+1 year?
I'd be very surprised if he gets more than 4. they'd have to show that he intentionally tried to mislead them - not just "I didn't do it" when he knew he did, but presenting fake evidence like forged bank records, or an email asking a supplement company to doctor a batch and make the lot numbers line up. They've only nailed one guy (Francisco Rivera) for aggravating circumstances, and he arguably could have been charged criminally for the shit he pulled.

https://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/USADAv.Rivera_Award.pdf

Jon has fucked up badly, again, but not close to that badly. He's getting 2 at the least, 4 at the most. and probably closer to 4.

Good point. But have former USADA officers like Novitzy found jobs in big money sporting leagues/promotions before?
Novitzky is straining credulity by claiming that Jones is probably innocent because he 'couldn't be that stupid'. The UFC has Novitzky and his rolodex of current employees in USADA, maybe an offer of a lucrative appointment in WME could be enough of an inducement to soft pedal the punishment for Jones.
Novitsky isn't a former USADA officer. he worked closely with them to get Armstrong, but the guy worked at the FDA and IRS at the time, not USADA.

Novitsky isn't a former USADA officer. he worked closely with them to get Armstrong, but the guy worked at the FDA and IRS at the time, not USADA.
I think this the 2nd time I've said that. I keep thinking that he was from USADA.

He's getting 2 at the least, 4 at the most. and probably closer to 4.
If Jones got anything less than 4 years, that'd open USADA up to litigation from fighters who got harsher punishments.

If Jones got anything less than 4 years, that'd open USADA up to litigation from fighters who got harsher punishments.
The only ones who've gotten harsher punishments are Rivera, who got 4 for attempting to bullshit his way out of a clenbuterol positive, and Abreu, who got 4 for a clear second offence when there were two clear, unambiguous positives. Neither of them is going to sue.

And USADA isn't going to reduce a sanction due to contamination if you can't find a credible source for it, which they couldn't provided to CSAC.

This is why he's getting 4 years.

Add in the rest of the bullshit that he got called on there, like getting Malki to do his anti-doping education for him... he won't be getting a short ban.
This is why he could get more than 4 years. USADA and the arbitration team gave him specific instructions on his last failed test and he didn't abide by them. That's not going to work in his favor and could even be an aggravating factor, which could lead to a longer ban.

If Jones wants to pretend he's the victim he can do that, but in the end he fucked up and he's the one that has to pay for it.

He's a great talent but can't get out of his own way. After all the slap-on-the-wrist punishments he's faced for his behavior, it's time he faced some real consequences. He should stop talking about personal growth and go out and actually achieve personal growth (and I don't mean the hGH kind)

until then...

dryingtearsmoney.gif

:D

Novitzky never worked for usada.

He worked for the feds. Honestly, after his case against Armstrong got fucked over my corrupt senators I'm not surprised he was looking for another job.

(they had a great federal case against la, but livestrong petitioned friendly senators, made donations to their own personal charities and in return a dodgy judge shut the case down on superbowl weekend. Jeff was pissed

The only ones who've gotten harsher punishments are Rivera, who got 4 for attempting to bullshit his way out of a clenbuterol positive, and Abreu, who got 4 for a clear second offence when there were two clear, unambiguous positives. Neither of them is going to sue.
Litigation encompasses more than just suing someone; Rivera/Abreu could take their case to court and attempt to get their suspension lengths reduced because of the precedent that would be set by USADA should they give Jones less than 4 years.

And precedent is what USADA wants to avoid at all costs. If they only suspended Jones for two years, every second-time offender with no aggravating evidence could simply cite the Jones' case and get two years instead of four.

This is why he could get more than 4 years. USADA and the arbitration team gave him specific instructions on his last failed test and he didn't abide by them. That's not going to work in his favor and could even be an aggravating factor, which could lead to a longer ban.
While I think Jones' lying over the tutorials and supplement control form will prevent any kind of leniency, I'd be surprised if USADA counted them both as aggravating circumstances.

Aggravating Circumstances: Aggravating Circumstances exist where the Anti-Doping Policy Violation was intentional, the Anti-Doping Policy Violation had significant potential to enhance an Athlete’s Bout performance, and one of the following additional factors is present: the Athlete’s or other Person committed the Anti-Doping Policy Violation as part of a doping plan or scheme, either individually or involving a conspiracy or common enterprise to commit an Anti-Doping Policy Violation; the Athlete or other Person Used or Possessed multiple Prohibited Substances or Prohibited Methods or Used or Possessed a Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method on multiple occasions; the Athlete or Person engaged in deceptive or obstructing conduct to avoid the detection or adjudication of an Anti-Doping Policy Violation.

https://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/UFC-anti-doping-policy-EN.pdf

Back