Jon Jones’ claim you GOAT status

SG123

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
For me personally he doesn’t have a claim, the heights he hit were a product of cheating. We can see that from his current level, now he’s off PEDs, which is significantly lower.

But for those of you that still have him in the conversation, is he damaging his legacy and claim with showings like the last 2?

How exactly he is damaging his legacy when he is winning? is not like he is getting finished or dominated and also his last 2 were very close.

Did GSP damaged his legacy by not fnishing fights, ran from Hendricks or when he cerrypicked Ping?

Last edited:
Has Fedor damaged his legacy in his last 2 fights? Name a fighter with a better resume tha Jones.

Peds use will always cast a shadow on his legacy and opinions on that legacy will vary across the board so this topic will always go back and forth.

How exactly he is damaging his legacy when he is winning? is not like he is getting finished or dominated and also his last 2 were very close.

Did GSP damaged his legacy by not fnishing fights, ran from Hendricks or when he cerrypicked Ping?

GSP may not have been finishing fights, which Jones isn't either, but he was absolutely dominant in his wins. He ground Condit, Fitch, and Koscheck into dust.

Jones looks like a different fighter since he got caught on the bike.

managed-services-elephant_0_0.jpg

Jones fans and his PEDs history.

GSP may not have been finishing fights, which Jones isn't either, but he was absolutely dominant in his wins. He ground Condit, Fitch, and Koscheck into dust.

Jones looks like a different fighter since he got caught on the bike.
I'm pretty sure GSP had some close fights like Hendricks and Penn 1

Well no one can deny that his record and wins legacy wise is the best. But its hard to give him the credit when he probably is the athlete in all sports with the most positive drug tests.

I'm pretty sure GSP had some close fights like Hendricks and Penn 1

Hendricks was his last fight (other than the Bisping comeback) and the Penn 1 fight was before he was even champ.

It was also Pre-USADA Hendricks. We've all seen what happened to him after more stringent testing was implemented...

For me personally he doesn’t have a claim, the heights he hit were a product of cheating. We can see that from his current level, now he’s off PEDs, which is significantly lower.

But for those of you that still have him in the conversation, is he damaging his legacy and claim with showings like the last 2?

So how is he vastly different now than then off peds? He was never a KO artist he's always been known more for extreme strategy than displays of strength his strategic fighting has not changed. He's always been noted to be a 5 round fighter, so please tell me what's so vastly different now that he's not using a juice box, than when he was popped for using a juice box..?

Well no one can deny that his record and wins legacy wise is the best. But its hard to give him the credit when he probably is the athlete in all sports with the most positive drug tests.

That's some serious fake news you spreading man the most positive drug test in all sports?

200.webp

So how is he vastly different now than then off peds? He was never a KO artist he's always been known more for extreme strategy than displays of strength his strategic fighting has not changed. He's always been noted to be a 5 round fighter, so please tell me what's so vastly different now that he's not using a juice box, than when he was popped for using a juice box..?

You believe he’s looked as good as ever since going clean? Or that PEDs have no effect? Or that they only effect power?

Not sure what your point is. He clearly looks much worse in almost every facet. He lost against Reyes and had a life a death fight against a MW with no legs. It’s not hard to see he’s not the same fighter.

Back