Jon Jones’ chin (GIFS)

Jones is a great talent but he needs to let go of his fear and fight clean at his natural weight class of HW before he can be compared to the GOATs of the sport.
He makes 205 too easy for you fools to keep calling him a natural HW.

Jones is toughness and heart are two of his best qualities

eap3zp.jpg

Came here to say that BC forgot the headkick but there it is. Jones has an insane chin. Rashad would've KO'd plenty of light heavyweights with that overhand or headkick (and follow up shots).

@Threetrees has never lied, the Gus fight was a testament of Jones’ grit
A lot of fighters with half of Jones offensive talent are front runners
They fold when they can't mow a guy
Jones will literally fight a guy right where he's at his most vulnerable (in a smart way sure, but not the smartest way) and break them.

It's like the guy doesn't actually believe anything can hurt him
Dude is a monster
watching him walk guys down is one of the coolest sights in this sport

A lot of fighters with half of Jones offensive talent are front runners
They fold when they can't mow a guy
Jones will literally fight a guy right where he's at his most vulnerable (in a smart way sure, but not the smartest way) and break them.

It's like the guy doesn't actually believe anything can hurt him
Dude is a monster
watching him walk guys down is one of the coolest sights in this sport

That’s just pure self belief and inner confidence you cannot coach at all, there’s nobody else ever like him in mma, he’s the greatest talent of all time in mma.

#FreeJones

I’ve rooted against Jones plenty of times, and I remember being annoyed at how great his chin was.

I recall his first fight with DC, and he took some good dirty boxing from DC without looking fazed.

I would kill for a DC/Jones 3

To each their own. Everyone has their own criteria for GOAT discussions, it's highly subjective. Imho Jones needs to fight clean and at least attempt a fight at his natural weight before he's in the conversation. I'm sure we also have very different opinions on who the GOAT's of the sport are.

I think Jones steroid problem is a valid and cogent argument to make against him being GOAT. The idea that he isn't in his natural weight class at LHW is silly. His cut was undoubtedly easier than that of his chief rival in the division for years, Daniel Cormier. Jones is a thin, lanky LHW; there's nothing untoward about it.

Was rooting for Jones to lose every single fight I ever watched of his rise and reign. Always thought this was going to be the shot or moment he finally loses and it never actually happened. He's a tough fellow.

Oddly enough I'm actually a huge fan of his now and appreciate those fights a lot more. He is insanely good at fighting, right up there with Fedor, if he comes back and puts up another 5 fights I might even put him at the top.

He also has a crazy impervious elbow, even a full-on insane armbar from TRT Vitor couldn't break it or make him tap.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-15-at-10.25.00-AM.png

Or, he was on cocaine and that's why nothing ever fazes him.
No, Vitor like a moron didn't fully crank it because he didn't want to break his arm. Nobody has any strength in their arm when it's that fully extended.

"I think Jones steroid problem is a valid and cogent argument to make against him being GOAT. The idea that he isn't in his natural weight class at LHW is silly. His cut was undoubtedly easier than that of his chief rival in the division for years, Daniel Cormier. Jones is a thin, lanky LHW; there's nothing untoward about it."

------

Doesn't seem to quote properly. Anyways, again I'm perfectly fine with people having different opinions. HW is Jones' (and Cormier's) natural weight class imo. I'm also not sure I would call Jones thin anymore.

I'm also not claiming it's untoward, I'm saying that if one wants to be in the GOAT discussion (imo of course) then they need to take fights at their natural weight class. If you think that's LHW and he is up there as a GOAT then that's cool. Personally I believe he needs to take some fights at HW (and also fight clean). This doesn't just apply to Jon, it goes for anyone that refuses to not cut significant weight.

Anyways I apologize if this has upset anyone lol. I'll probably leave it at that and just say we agree to disagree.

OSP also cracked him good and it did nothing

Nope.. And DC walloped him hard in that rematch like two or three times including a very flush right hand. The kind of punch that just took the heavyweight champion out. And Jones took it like it was nothing. That rematch showed me he has one of the great chins of all time. It’s a block of iron.

Jones is toughness and heart are two of his best qualities

Agreed. You have to kill him to beat him. Amazing heart and mental toughness. You can beat him up but he is not going away. He is going to stay the course and stay in that fight. That was something DC talked about after the first fight. That he pushed Jones but Jones never wavered. He just stayed the course and then he took over in the last two rounds. His mental toughness in the cage is second to none.

One of the things that makes Jon Jones really exceptional is his spectacular defense, we hardly ever see him get hit cleanly, but when he does, he has shown an outstanding ability to take a good shot to his chin.

Here is Jones eating one of Suga Rashad Evans’ trademarked overhand rights

rashad-overhand.gif

2dj3xbr_medium.gif

Here is Jones eating Lyoto Machida’s trademark flurry while throwing an outside low kick
tumblr_mp193bCmgV1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

2nhnmzt.jpg

Here Jon is eating DC’s dirty boxing, DC lands a couple of really solid clean uppercuts

giphy.gif

Eating a decent combination from Gustafasson
Wv7UkUD.gif

This is a bonus GIF of Jones’ defense against Glover’s combo:

BJqp.gif

I can’t wait to watch Jones fight again, he is one of the most complete mixed martial artists of all time and is one of the most entertaining and talented mixed martial artists of all time as well.

#FreeJones

<JonesLaugh>

824965154.jpg.0.jpg
Well said brother BC... you make a very nice point regarding Jones' chin.

Also, regarding Jones' GOAT run... that everyone seems to be obsessed with disputing... I'd like to point out that the majority of it waz "pre-USADA"... & there-fore all fair if he waz on teh stuff, because everyone waz.

I can see questioning his "post USADA" wins in the light that he's obviously never been able to stop with the PED's... & now we are trying to do something different with clean athletes. So that is a much different environment. For me there is a line drawn in the sand at mid 2015. Anything anyone did before that time is all good cause it was the norm.

One of the things that makes Jon Jones really exceptional is his spectacular defense, we hardly ever see him get hit cleanly, but when he does, he has shown an outstanding ability to take a good shot to his chin.

Here is Jones eating one of Suga Rashad Evans’ trademarked overhand rights

rashad-overhand.gif

2dj3xbr_medium.gif

Here is Jones eating Lyoto Machida’s trademark flurry while throwing an outside low kick
tumblr_mp193bCmgV1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

2nhnmzt.jpg

Here Jon is eating DC’s dirty boxing, DC lands a couple of really solid clean uppercuts

giphy.gif

Eating a decent combination from Gustafasson
Wv7UkUD.gif

This is a bonus GIF of Jones’ defense against Glover’s combo:

BJqp.gif

I can’t wait to watch Jones fight again, he is one of the most complete mixed martial artists of all time and is one of the most entertaining and talented mixed martial artists of all time as well.

#FreeJones

<JonesLaugh>

824965154.jpg.0.jpg

Should of put the headlock Rashad hit jones with. That hurt him pretty bad

Its almost like the MMA gods got wasted one night and decided to make a max level character for shits and giggled. You know like in a video game, they just set EVERYTHING to max.

Genius savant level fight IQ
Outwrestles olympic wrestlers
Has a foot longer reach than anyone else
Has skinny but strong legs, so he can make weight with a HUGE upperbody
10/10 chin, literally cant even be rocked
10/10 toughness, would die before giving up or tapping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back