Jon Jones’ chin (GIFS)

Anderson’s chin was amazing as well yeah, I forgot which fight it was in Cage Rage, maybe the Stout fight or the Rivera fight but Anderson was in clinch range and he just ate flush shots to chin for no reason whatsoever just to show he could eat them lol.

Yeah that was Jorge Rivera who was known for short power. 0_0

What a dude. He would have had a bigger following in this day and age with people being more susceptible to heels. It’s a shame the Philip Davis call me video was removed too

Hah! That Phil Davis call me vid was gold too, also side note Hashad was also a man of the people:

One of the things that makes Jon Jones really exceptional is his spectacular defense, we hardly ever see him get hit cleanly, but when he does, he has shown an outstanding ability to take a good shot to his chin.

Here is Jones eating one of Suga Rashad Evans’ trademarked overhand rights

rashad-overhand.gif

2dj3xbr_medium.gif

Here is Jones eating Lyoto Machida’s trademark flurry while throwing an outside low kick
tumblr_mp193bCmgV1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

2nhnmzt.jpg

Here Jon is eating DC’s dirty boxing, DC lands a couple of really solid clean uppercuts

giphy.gif

Eating a decent combination from Gustafasson
Wv7UkUD.gif

This is a bonus GIF of Jones’ defense against Glover’s combo:

BJqp.gif

I can’t wait to watch Jones fight again, he is one of the most complete mixed martial artists of all time and is one of the most entertaining and talented mixed martial artists of all time as well.

#FreeJones

<JonesLaugh>

824965154.jpg.0.jpg
Solid OP. I thought Machida had him hurt, but Jones just ate it. He's got so many virtues as a fighter. Best yet imo.

Here is Jon Jones running from USADA

giphy.gif

Here's him after running over a pregnant woman:

images

One thing that also makes Jon Jones exceptional is his eye pokes:

giphy.gif

Jon%2BJones%2BEye%2BPokes%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif
Are his eye poke* has it not been established that they all poke each other?

Solid OP. I thought Machida had him hurt, but Jones just ate it. He's got so many virtues as a fighter. Best yet imo.

Thank you, he is definitely the most complete fighter in my eyes, no known weakness like Vitor <Goldie11>

No, no, no! You’re doing this all wrong - I see no mention of eyepokes, steroid accusations or insinuations of potentially illegal low kicks!

That’s why he won all those fights, duh..
You’re talking about his offense. This thread is about his defense.

Jones is a great talent but he needs to let go of his fear and fight clean at his natural weight class of HW before he can be compared to the GOATs of the sport.

he's like Mayweather and old Spider - he takes hits but also he moves just intime to not take full contact of it.

Jones is a great talent but he needs to let go of his fear and fight clean at his natural weight class of HW before he can be compared to the GOATs of the sport.
I'm open to plenty of arguments about the GOATs. I like that kind of discussion. I understand why some people want to demote Jones because of the roids or other shenanigans or why some people prefer GSP or FEdor or one of the other greats.

But Jones doesn't need to do anything before putting himself in that conversation. He's there. Frankly, I think that it is only because of the roids and his career being messed up by his personal troubles that the discussion is balanced. Otherwise it would be strongly tilted in his direction.

Never seen that pic of Jon in the picnic shirt funny shit lmao

Gus beat the brakes off Jones, legit boxed his head in over an extended period of time, and Jones took it and found a way to win.

After that fight there was simply no dispute that Jones is both durable and mentally tough. He's as confident and tough as they make humans.

Granted he's a cheater, so who knows how much PEDS played a role in that. From the career he's had so far, he's proven to be extremely difficult to hurt in a meaningful way, with shots that would dramatically change the fight for a lesser fighter.

Last edited:
I'm open to plenty of arguments about the GOATs. I like that kind of discussion. I understand why some people want to demote Jones because of the roids or other shenanigans or why some people prefer GSP or FEdor or one of the other greats.

But Jones doesn't need to do anything before putting himself in that conversation. He's there. Frankly, I think that it is only because of the roids and his career being messed up by his personal troubles that the discussion is balanced. Otherwise it would be strongly tilted in his direction.

To each their own. Everyone has their own criteria for GOAT discussions, it's highly subjective. Imho Jones needs to fight clean and at least attempt a fight at his natural weight before he's in the conversation. I'm sure we also have very different opinions on who the GOAT's of the sport are.

One of the things that makes Jon Jones really exceptional is his spectacular defense, we hardly ever see him get hit cleanly, but when he does, he has shown an outstanding ability to take a good shot to his chin.

rashad-overhand.gif

2dj3xbr_medium.gif

Here is Jones eating Lyoto Machida’s trademark flurry while throwing an outside low kick

2nhnmzt.jpg

Here Jon is eating DC’s dirty boxing, DC lands a couple of really solid clean uppercuts

giphy.gif

Wv7UkUD.gif

BJqp.gif

I can’t wait to watch Jones fight again, he is one of the most complete mixed martial artists of all time and is one of the most entertaining and talented mixed martial artists of all time as well.

#FreeJones

<JonesLaugh>

824965154.jpg.0.jpg

Man , these fucking people keep on talking about the guy like if he was on a voluntary vacation or something...HE TOOK THOSE SHOTS CAUSE HE HAD SOME SERIOUS JUICE UP HIS ASS FOOL!!!!

Man , these fucking people keep on talking about the guy like if he was on a voluntary vacation or something...HE TOOK THOSE SHOTS CAUSE HE HAD SOME SERIOUS JUICE UP HIS ASS FOOL!!!!

What people G?

20140315113202_5D3_5052.JPG

rashad-overhand.gif

2dj3xbr_medium.gif

2nhnmzt.jpg

giphy.gif

Wv7UkUD.gif

BJqp.gif

#FreeJones

<JonesLaugh>

824965154.jpg.0.jpg

That rocky rashad gif is a real thing a beauty..amazing work who made that???

Also fuck jones cheating bastard hahah

He took the 'tough chin' roid, or so they would have you believe.

If he didn’t think roids helped, he wouldn’t have taken them. Over and over again.

And let’s not understate the importance of extended fingers in jones’ arsenal of defensive techniques.

Back