Jon Jones’ chin (GIFS)

Regarding the Rashad Evans gifs, take a look at when his punch hits Jones vs when it hits Chuck.
Jones was already further away due to his monster reach. he appears to hit him at the verrrrrrry end of the punch, while Chuck's body was limp by the time he was done with that hook. Also fighter age. As we get older our chins, and everything else, basically crap out on us. If anything, Jon Jones is a master of using a near-criminal reach advantage to pick opponents apart from the next block, I'm not sure one way or the other about his chin, I mean, you've never seen Lyoto have to jump seven feet forward to complete a strike before, right?

His chin is great.

I remember when I used to say, we need to see if Jones can take a punch. And boy can he.

He's just incredibly hard to beat.

Rashad Evans has a trademarked move? How many ppl has he knocked out with that trademarked overhand right?

he moves with shots well except against machida

Machida is one of the sneakiest strikers of all time, his feints and hip feints make it really hard for fighters to read when he’s going to blitz, he is/was one of my favorite fighters to watch of all time.

Jon must be injected them roids into his chin. Even Glover said he hit him clean and was shocked Jones took it like nothing.

Posting comparison gifts of his opponents knocking out others with similar shots doesn't mean much since knockouts are mostly a result of placement.

TBE in the cage and at keeping the haters triggered outside of it...

Last edited:
One of the things that makes Jon Jones really exceptional is his spectacular defense, we hardly ever see him get hit cleanly, but when he does, he has shown an outstanding ability to take a good shot to his chin.

Here is Jones eating one of Suga Rashad Evans’ trademarked overhand rights

rashad-overhand.gif

2dj3xbr_medium.gif

Here is Jones eating Lyoto Machida’s trademark flurry while throwing an outside low kick
tumblr_mp193bCmgV1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

2nhnmzt.jpg

Here Jon is eating DC’s dirty boxing, DC lands a couple of really solid clean uppercuts

giphy.gif

Eating a decent combination from Gustafasson
Wv7UkUD.gif

This is a bonus GIF of Jones’ defense against Glover’s combo:

BJqp.gif

I can’t wait to watch Jones fight again, he is one of the most complete mixed martial artists of all time and is one of the most entertaining and talented mixed martial artists of all time as well.

#FreeJones

<JonesLaugh>

824965154.jpg.0.jpg
The man is definitely talented, and as much as I dislike him, I want to see him fighting soon as well.

He definitely has a good chin but he also rarely gets hit. He took some big shots against Gustafsson and his head barely moved.

He took the 'tough chin' roid, or so they would have you believe.

seriously.... people see his abnormalities and accredit them to steroids.... (potential) PED use may be the most NORMAL thing about him lol, the only common ground he has with most the ufc.

He also has a crazy impervious elbow, even a full-on insane armbar from TRT Vitor couldn't break it or make him tap.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-15-at-10.25.00-AM.png

Or, he was on cocaine and that's why nothing ever fazes him.

Good thread TS, I share your appreciation.

Anderson's chin used to be amazing at one point too. Shots that would literally starch dudes wouldn't even faze him.

Machida is one of the sneakiest strikers of all time, his feints and hip feints make it really hard for fighters to read when he’s going to blitz, he is/was one of my favorite fighters to watch of all time.
Love BC threads reminding the haters that you can't erase what the GOATS have done and will continue to do. The manhunt USADA has against JBJ and Spider has already started to make them look bad. Just wait until Jones gets cleared next. Eez normal bitches

Good thread TS, I share your appreciation.

Anderson's chin used to be amazing at one point too. Shots that would literally starch dudes wouldn't even faze him.

Anderson’s chin was amazing as well yeah, I forgot which fight it was in Cage Rage, maybe the Stout fight or the Rivera fight but Anderson was in clinch range and he just ate flush shots to chin for no reason whatsoever just to show he could eat them lol.

That speed of a Rashad though, the man threw two hooks before his leg went down.

I never understood why Rashad didn’t have a massive following. He’s one of the nicest fighters outside the cage.

It's a shame that Jon self destructed so much. He could have legit supplanted Fedor, GSP and Anderson in the GOAT talk in a fashion that would have been beyond dispute. He had a style that no one could figure out, he really did have as good a chin as the OP claims and his fight IQ was well above average. He used all of his physical advantages like a surgeon.

Instead, he lose several prime years to roid charge. He would not stop eyepoking people and he went "thug life" on a pregnant chick.

Love BC threads reminding the haters that you can't erase what the GOATS have done and will continue to do. The manhunt USADA has against JBJ and Spider has already started to make them look bad. Just wait until Jones gets cleared next. Eez normal bitches

Thanks fam, I just love to reminisce on the great times in mma, it seems like the popular narrative today is to make it seem like the greats are not relevant or like what they accomplished in the ring or octagon is meaningless.

Back