Jon Jones—would you rather see him return at LHW or HW?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jon already beat the LHW and HW champ on two separate occasions. After the USADA mess gets cleared up on their part, which division do you want to see Jones return to?

I’m fine with either weightclass although he is a bit skinny for a HW. Maybe the time off has allowed him to add on some size and strength.

Regardless of weightclass, the return of the GOAT will be amazing to watch for true MMA fans.
9A1E118B-D4F5-4C65-8A5C-B40155E3E839.jpeg

If he comes back and nothing has changed in his performance, he can pick either division and win the championship. DC will be gone and both divisions will be truly barren. Who can beat him at HW? Blaydes if he dramatically improves? The coming of 290lb Überrumble?

I want to see Jones vs Gus II (best fight left at 205 for Jonny), so LHW first preferably.

Last edited:
HW for sure. The haters will want/expect to see him smashed and the fans will want/expect him to further cement himself as the goat.

Either. He's gonna dominate again as usual. No matter the weight class.

What else does he have to prove at LHW? The purpose of MMA (at least for the greats) is to challenge yourself. I’d like to see him fight HW, where I have zero doubts that he would do more than hold his own. He might lose his perfect record but with time he could be the greatest UFC HW champion of all time. Something tells me you agree with me @Njmma209
Just wait until DC retires, I can’t handle another loss to bones

If he is to return, he may as well just keep fucking up LHW so he doesn't end up fucking up two divisions.

Don't care. Just wanna see (arguably) the best fighter ever in action. Can't imagine a fight fan who doesn't.

th

PS. HW.

HW. He's already cleaned out Light Heavyweight. He should spend his 30's/the rest of his fighting career just dominating the top weight class in the UFC - Maybe drop back down to LHW only for a fight or two when/if there's an interesting enough new challenge that comes along.

Taking DC's HW belt would be sweet.

I think he has more intriguing fights at HW.

LHW against: Cormier or Gus

HW against: Cormier, Brock, Stipe, NGANNOU!

If he came back at HW and destroyed DC it would devastate him

What else does he have to prove at LHW? The purpose of MMA (at least for the greats) is to challenge yourself. I’d like to see him fight HW, where I have zero doubts that he would do more than hold his own. He might lose his perfect record but with time he could be the greatest UFC HW champion of all time. Something tells me you agree with me @Njmma209
Just wait until DC retires, I can’t handle another loss to bones
Agreed, I’d prefer if he fought at HW. Which of the current HWs do you think give him trouble?

Heavyweight. Lhw is totally fucked now, they should just merge the two divisions at this point -everybody talking about going up to hw anyway. Id like to see him vs stipe ...maybe blaydes. Probably some other decent matchups there

Back