Jon Fitch was on a 16 fight win streak when he fought GSP

I still think the Fitch fight is what changed GSP's fighting style permanently and ruined his confidence. He beat the ever loving shit out of Fitch, was actively trying to finish him, but he couldn't. This was after Serra. From then on he was clearly point fighting.

Fitch had a good streak going into this fight, obviously, but I believe only half of those wins (8?) were in the UFC. Somebody mentioned Shields had a big streak too, but only 1 of his 15 were in the UFC as well.
Shields fought guys like Carlos Condit, Yushin Okami, Robbie Lawler, and Dan Henderson outside the UFC.
Fitch fought guys like Chris Wilson, Roan Carneiro, Luigi Fioravanti, and Kuniyoshi Hironaka inside the UFC.

It's completely different. Shields has a legit resume.

WW was the most talented weight class when GSP reigned. Guys like Shields, Fitch, Alves, Penn, Hendricks were beating everyone until they fought GSP. BTW a juiced Hendricks couldn't even knock GSP down much less knock him out.

Last edited:
Lmao you don't even believe that

Back during GSP and Silva's era, beating top 20 at WW was the equivalent of beating a top 10 WW. Simple demographics.

Good wrestlers at MW in that era : Sonnen and Munoz (HEndo wasn't wrestling anymore)
Good wrestlers at WW with mma skills equal or greater than Sonnen : GSP Fitch Shields Pierce Hendricks Kos Story.

Good strikers at MW : Silva and Vitor
WW : GSP Alves Diaz Condit

The number of active WW in the UFC was almost triple the amount there was a MW. Good strikers struggled to get into the top 10. You cunts think that just because a division is wrestler-heavy it means it's weak. Thats how dumb you are.

Last edited:
Travis Fulton had a win streak of 40 in a row. Who gives a shit lol
I didnt ask about travis fulton, i asked about you.

Diminishing the value of jon fitch winning 16 fights in a row is something a shertard does because they dont like his fighting style.

He wins fights. Dont get mad about it homie.

I didnt ask about travis fulton, i asked about you.

Diminishing the value of jon fitch winning 16 fights in a row is something a shertard does because they dont like his fighting style.

He wins fights. Dont get mad about it homie.
I'm devaluing his win streak because he didn't beat quality opponents, which is what anyone that watches MMA does otherwise we'd be calling every undercard fighter coming directly from the minor leagues the best of the division because they're all on 10 fight win streaks.

A win streak is only as relevant as your competition.

I'm devaluing his win streak because he didn't beat quality opponents, which is what anyone that watches MMA does otherwise we'd be calling every undercard fighter coming directly from the minor leagues the best of the division because they're all on 10 fight win streaks.

A win streak is only as relevant as your competition.
Guy beat everybody the ufc gave him. Including top 15 WW, at the time, Josh Burkman, and top 15 Thiago Alves.

Josh Burkman was one of the best in the division homie. Get over it.

Guy beat everybody the ufc gave him. Including top 15 WW, at the time, Josh Burkman, and top 15 Thiago Alves.

Josh Burkman was one of the best in the division homie. Get over it.
Congrats on defeating two top 15 fighters over the course of 16 fights. That would make him the 10th ranked WW at best.

Fitch was cut because he refused to sign the contract to the ufc fighting video game (can't remember how its called) that asked him to give lifetime rights to his name to that game. Such a draconian contract.
Based on merit in the cage, cutting Fitch was probably the most blatant "F-U" ever to any fighter. He deserved better.

Shields fought guys like Carlos Condit, Yushin Okami, Robbie Lawler, and Dan Henderson outside the UFC.
Fitch fought guys like Chris Wilson, Roan Carneiro, Luigi Fioravanti, and Kuniyoshi Hironaka inside the UFC.

It's completely different. Shields has a legit resume.

There's a definitive difference, for sure. I wasn't discrediting Shields, just stating fact. He started his UFC career 1-2 iirc, after winning 14 in a row outside of the big show.

12 years later GSP fans still working hard to not let their fighter be viewed as the boring decision machine he was, I respect the determination but give it a rest. GSP was boring, GSP was a greaser.

Back during GSP and Silva's era, beating top 20 at WW was the equivalent of beating a top 10 WW. Simple demographics.

Good wrestlers at MW in that era : Sonnen and Munoz (HEndo wasn't wrestling anymore)
Good wrestlers at WW with mma skills equal or greater than Sonnen : GSP Fitch Shields Pierce Hendricks Kos Story.

Good strikers at MW : Silva and Vitor
WW : GSP Alves Diaz Condit

The number of active WW in the UFC was almost triple the amount there was a MW. Good strikers struggled to get into the top 10. You cunts think that just because a division is wrestler-heavy it means it's weak. Thats how dumb you are.
I love how you separate them into wrestlers and strikers because none of them can do both except Hendricks.

At MW you had guys like Marquardt, Maia, Bisping, Palhares, Okami, Belcher on top of the guys you already named. To pretend that MW was weak and WW was stacked was and always will be laughable.

Also Diaz and Shields were not in the UFC when Hardy got his title shot, but you tried...

Your """""""" technical""""""" assessment = 17 words.

My technical assessment = 17 lines.

next thread, this nerd´s gonna say he owned me again & I shamelessly ducked...

Damn... poor Gono always loses against Thundersuck, he´s really got his number...

View attachment 779336

No luck... bah... what to do? what to say? It iz what it iz...

Sometimes 17 words is worth a lot more than 17 lines of pure bias bro. Less words, more wisdom. Learn it.

I'd love to see prime Royce and Prime GSP point eachother to death.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back