Jon 'Bones' Jones - Alexander 'the Mauler' Gustafsson II

Y0cc3

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Assuming Gus beats Rumble (unfortunately may not happen), what's your feeling about that match? How hyped are you between 0 and 10?
I was so darn hyped for this match (Cormier). But that rematch... oh boy.
Jones is the bully of this division. Everyone wants to shut him up, they come there and they get nullified. Some just try to survive, some are brave and try and still lose. Some get finished, some don't but don't mount much offense themselves. Jones is scary because of his skills and even scarier because he's the last guy you want to lose to. Now with his full heel role you wish someone comes and makes him his bitch.
But there's no fighter in the next 3 years who can do that if it's not Gus. Are you hoping Gus beats him up? I've personally never been as emotionally involved in anything in sports as I would be in the rematch. I'm already nervous about that fight. Does Gus have what it takes to beat him in the rematch like he did the first time and does he have what it takes to actually steal the victory?

Gus was going to win the 4th round and probably the 5th round too. He just got caught which cost him the fight. Now I'm sure Gus has evolved very much from the first fight and he's really on a mission. If Gus comes the way he was the first time, puts slightly more effort to defending Jones' point scoring kicks and is careful not to get caught with spinning shit, he wins every round easy.
Still, is it enough? Is it gonna happen? Or will totally different Jones be there waiting for him? Gus is the last hope, he's the 205 messiah. I root for him and I feel most others will also, but Jones has found new confidence. When he stopped being fake phony and became full heel he has reached new level with his confidence. Now he really wants the fight with Gus and I'm afraid he comes better than ever, perfectly prepared and we see our dream of someone humbling Jones vanish as Gus gets the octagon floor mopped with him.

Fuck, I'm so hyped AND worried about the rematch at the same time. Are you feeling like I do? Biggest fight ever?

Gus is getting slumped by Rumble Johnson so it wont happen

Im having a party with free alcohol whenever Jones loses, to whom doesnt matter.

Quote me on that if you're near Sweden when it happens!

Gus is knocking him out this time.

jones probably didn't train that much wrestling for the first gus fight...now after the DC camp and the reconciliation with his wrestling coach, his wrestling has improved greatly...i think jones will use striking to get take downs and finish with a mounted guillotine or something...unless jones wants to prove he can win the fight standing, then it will be a different fight

Back