1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Jon Anik's professionalism

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Moral Victory, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Moral Victory Black Belt

It has been a thing to talk about how annoying he is or robotic or awkward etc, but I kept hearing other people who were working with him talking about how good he was at the job, DC talking about how amazing he is at his job and countless others.

And I started paying attention and he really does everything he's supposed to do flawlessly, his job is not to be entertaining but to get facts straight, and he pronounces every fighters name correctly, he does thorough research on what he talks about and doesn't miss a beat, and from interviews I've seen with him, he seems to be a genuine fan of the sport, hats of to Anik.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HHJ Fuckin' SHOOTOUT

He is certainly alot more capable and less bufoonish than goldberg. Just lacks the general excitement that a guy like Rogan could bring

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  3. DarkneT Khamzat sucks Platinum Member

I like Anik.

Bisping and DC have got to go for me.

4. Herwald Red Belt

I think reading commercials and promos during a fight is one of the least forgiving things to do on the mic and he does it well. Also, on paper, his breakdowns before fights come off as more thought out. It's his robotic demeanor that hinders the message a bit.

I personally don't dislike the dude.

That said, Goldie had the same role and he was just funnier. Every card seemed like his first time watching an MMA event.

5. M4D SCIENTIST Purple Belt

Look, anik is a G. He’s incredibly professional, does extensive homework on all the fighters/cards, and hes enthusiastic while calling the fights.

this is sherdog. One of the most toxic forums on internet. A place where haters/losers who have accomplished nothing in their lives come to trash others to feel better about themselves. It’s one thing to prefer one guy or another, but the amount of bashing that goes on in here is less about the fighter/announcer and more about the poster.

6. MadNIghtKing Purple Belt

Anik is great. He’s not an ex fighter so he’s not exactly going to be the guy who sees things from a mile away. But he’s got the iconic voice for the UFC and brings consistency and anchors the show and does all the intros of fighters. And knows how to move along the banter back and forth

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  7. Willek Gold Belt

One thing he does that annoys me is he that asks long winded questions to fighters where English isn’t their first language.

8. TankAbbott4Eva Gold Belt

Hey man are you talking to me?

M4D SCIENTIST likes this.
  9. Drain Bamage Banned Banned

All that, and a raging gambling addiction! How does he keep it together?

10. Anaconda99 Brown Belt

He sucks. I wouldnt be surprised if his voice killed some people. It has never been proven that he is not a robot.

11. GangGangGang Brown Belt

Anik is honestly one of the best guys in the sport. He really loves his job, the sport and the fighters involved. UFC should keep him around for as long as possible.

Jarrito, TheBulge, Tulsa and 3 others like this.
  12. HHJ Fuckin' SHOOTOUT

This place bitches about so much and then when ufc gives it to them,they dont like it.

BUILD STARS!
    GOD WHY IS UFC PUSHING THIS GUY? HYPE TRAIN DERAILED LOLZOMG DANA IN THE ER!!!
    FIRE GOLDBERG
    OMG BRING HIM BACK!
    THIS IS SO BUSH LEAGUE,MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A REAL SPORT
    THIS IS GAY,GIVE US BACK THE SHITTY ROMAN COLISEUM BULLSHIT
    WE WANT MORE CARDS
    OMG IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER WHEN THERE WAS ONLY 6 CARDS A YEAR

Kdup, 3879, fight_fiend and 11 others like this.
  13. freakroor Brown Belt

anik is better than goldberg thats for sure.

dominick cruz is the worst tho. i hate listening to his whiny bitch ass

14. M4D SCIENTIST Purple Belt

Lolllll. Amen brotha. There’s just some people you could never please. I would say about 90% of this forum consists of those types of people.

Kal-El and accolyte1022 like this.
  15. M4D SCIENTIST Purple Belt

I actually wrote this with you in mind.

:)

TankAbbott4Eva likes this.
  16. Herwald Red Belt

Naaaah. I've always been a message board person and this place if perfectly fine. IMDB message boards would push your shit in if this is so much to you. Much less social media that's designed for shouting. At least here you can have a longer discussion and everyone I've gotten into arguments with - we still end up moving forward and liking each other's posts a week later.

I mean, I don't post on War Room (gotta be a moved thread if I'm there), maybe that's where your frustrations come from but that's just politics, anti human shenanigans by design, will rot your brain no matter what message board you get into it.

Anaconda99 and SJP_SevenLaker like this.
  17. Gensoking Brown Belt

He's boring and plays to the other commentators because he has no confidence in anything that he says. UFC has a huge problem with their color commentary having very little color so they frequently end up very boring, adding nothing to fights, or saying complete BS during fights. They need to find people that are some combination of Trevor Wittman and Joe Rogan where their brain isn't fried from drugs but they still have a personality and can give insightful commentary about what is happening in the fight PLUS being able to read an ad spot. I honestly don't believe the UFC is actively looking for better commentary and they just fill the spots as they open up with whomever wants to try it, even if they're active fighters (DC, Cruz, Bisping, Hardy?, Felder)

Anaconda99 likes this.
  18. Bobby Pistachio Orange Belt

Yes but Anik is play by play and Rogan is color .. apples and oranges

heSHurt likes this.
  19. Bobby Pistachio Orange Belt

Ill say it again for the people in the back .. Anik isnt a color commentator

deman, fzoid4454 and heSHurt like this.
  20. Alfonso Rodriguez PolarBearSwag!!

It’s definitely better than what Bellator’s got going on, that’s for sure. I was watching Manhoef vs Anderson a couple of days ago and the combination of Goldberg, Big Jon, and Thompson almost made me mute the damn fight lol