Jon Anik steps in for 'injured' Mike Goldberg and faces off against Joe Rogan at 155

Please no.

I agree Bas is not someone I want to listen to, especially beside Joe Rogan. Anik should fill the position of a supporting role well enough. We all know Rogan is top dog for the UFC in commenting and needs a supporting member not a mouth flapper.

Wow, what is joe silva thinking with this one? What has anik done to deserve the top contender spot besides talk!?

Many people talk shit about Goldie, Let's see how you feel after this LOL.

Wow, what is joe silva thinking with this one? What has anik done to deserve the top contender spot besides talk!?

You have to give Anik credit, he's got some balls. I mean taking it on 24 hours notice but then again, he has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Rogan has everything to lose and nothing to gain, surprised Rogan didn't pull a Jon Jones in this one.

I kid. :)

I hope when Frank Mir retires he should do commentary, or Dominick Cruz.

John Morgan ‏@MMAjunkieJohn
Quick update to Anik-Goldberg story. Turns out Goldie is not ill but instead "taking time off." @danawhite uncertain when he'll return.

People saying to put in Bas, Pat, Mir, Sonnen, etc. In there are fucking retarded. You must have never heard Rogan trying to read the official stats of fighters. Remember that video of Rogan trying to act "official" for some Fox Network thing? Yeah, that's how awkward Rogan is when he tries to take the "professional" job.

This is a pay-per-view sport for a professional athletic event. People expect to hear a voice that sounds professional, not two dudes shooting the shit like they're on a podcast.

I actually like Anik's style a lot so I'm looking forward to this.

when florian and anik do commentary together i honestly can't tell the difference sometimes

"I'm not saying it's a sex addiction. But I'm not saying it isn't either"

dr.-drew-pinsky.gif

People saying to put in Bas, Pat, Mir, Sonnen, etc. In there are fucking retarded. You must have never heard Rogan trying to read the official stats of fighters. Remember that video of Rogan trying to act "official" for some Fox Network thing? Yeah, that's how awkward Rogan is when he tries to take the "professional" job.

This is a pay-per-view sport for a professional athletic event. People expect to hear a voice that sounds professional, not two dudes shooting the shit like they're on a podcast.

This, play by play is very different, you have to be a media guy to do that stuff and get in all the sponsorship plugs and set up the color commentary, etc.

Back