Media Jon Anik offers a new idea for punishing fighters that don’t make weight

Something more than what they're getting now - 50% of your pay or something big.

And they need to have a limit on how much weight you can gain (15lbs at the most) before a fight (you're weighed the next day and 1hr before your fight).

Just let them fucking fight. Holy shit

Fuck the rules and technicalities. I can't stand uptight pencil neck losers like Anik.

Let them all roid like Ubereem and TRTVitor and let's see some fucking fights bros.

I don't care about whining about details. It's during out all of the color and fun of the sport

Stupid idea. The rules in place are quite enough. It's not like missing weight is a common issue.

The only thing that needs changed is one fighter missing weight shouldn't disqualify the other when it comes to title bouts.

What you say sherbros? Yay or nay?

Sounds similar to what I've posted on sherdog before.

I think if a fighter misses the weight the fight should still go on, but the fighter that made weight has a chance for a win, the fighter that missed weight either gets a NC for a win or a L for a lose. The fighter that made weight can still get a win, but worse case they end up with an NC.

It's weird how people think these harsh punishments will be a deterrent. Fighters would just pull out and lie about why.

59875f202efd3.jpeg

Other fighter: "Nah its ok guys he was close enough"
<36>

Why not just do the FUCKING HYDRATION TESTS AND END THIS BULLSHIT?
That just leads to fights canceled more often. Dont understand why people think that wouldn't be the result.

Don't think it will make any difference.

Imagine you're fighting for a #1 spot.
You miss weight but win anyway.

Everyone knows you won, you still will get the #1 spot and fight for the title.

All this will result in a bunch of confused records that sherdoggers will use to shit on fighters they don't like. "He does not have 12 wins. He got 11 wins and a NC."

Anik is a smart dude, surprised he posted something so stupid

Its a dogshit idea and we've seen guys fight for the title after missing weight.

If you called Romero spectacularly knocking out Rockhold a 'no contest' Dana still books him for the title, because the UFC will do what generates them the most money.

The simple fact is they are not financially penalized enough. It should be a sliding scale something like the following:

30% of purse (1lbs over)
50% of purse (2lbs over)
60% of purse (3lbs over)

Mike Perry only gave up 30% to have a serious advantage. That is manageable and for some guys preferred in specific scenarios. If you make the financial penalty actually change the dynamic of the reward, people will take it seriously.

Not hilarious enough. How about if U miss weight U must fight in a pink wig

Opponent gets one free dick kick to start the fight. And one eye poke to be used at a time of his choosing. The eye poke can be traded in for an additional dick kick though....

Meh. Sounds good on paper. But that's exactly the problem.

Shit would mean that, for example, Rockhold vs Romero would be a no contest on paper.

We all know what happened in real life though
Paper beats Rock.....hold....

Nobody who misses the weight is going to fight for a no-contest.

You might as well just cancel the fight.

From what I understand, statistically most people who miss the weight end up losing the fight anyway. Usually it's the result of somebody fucking up the weight-cut and showing up weak and diminished.

Not much of an advantage unless somebody does it intentionally, at which point they should probably be punished with more severe consequences (if evidence of intent is presented).

That just leads to fights canceled more often. Dont understand why people think that wouldn't be the result.
What? It's actually the opposite because everyone is planning to fight on their actual weight instead of dehydrating everything a few days before

Back