Media Jon Anik offers a new idea for punishing fighters that don’t make weight

To me the best solution is One's way. Every punishment, as many have said, will just result in a cancelled fight, so the body fat/water solution, to me, is the best.

Instead of being super strict about this whole weight limit issue because a fighter missed weight by a pound, why not just increase the weight for the weight classes up to +5lbs so that the fighters can't miss weight? The vast majority of the weigh-in mishaps are usually fighters who miss weight but very rarely do they weigh over 5 pounds over that weight limit.

So WW becomes 175lbs and LW becomes 160lbs or something like that. We'd actually see some new interesting developments for current fighters on the roster that could potentially move down a weight class and it wouldn't be impossible for former fighters who were forced to move up because of weight cutting issues (especially health wise) to go back down to their respective divisions again.

Give fighters an extra 10k for every pound they come under the new weight limit though just to test them if they are taking their training seriously enough or not. Basically, if they can't make it under the proposed new weight limit, they can't receive the bonus.

How about scrawny twerp commentators who have never cut weight keep their mouth shut!

or keep docking them a larger percentage of their pay for the fight until it stops happening. and it will, if you start taking enough.

it's the same with eye pokes. start taking a point every time it happens even if it's incidental, and watch the problem magically clear up. there has to be a real deterrent.

Lose 50% of their pay and it all goes to the on weight fighter if he still wants to fight. If the overweight fighter wins it's a no contest and both fighters get a draw on their record. If the on weight fighter wins then good for him he deserves it and the extra money for fighting at a disadvantage.

No matter what weight class you fight in, you have to go a bonus round before your scheduled fight, against Rumble.

Force them to fight with wrist weights that weighs like the difference between the weight class he missed weight and the next weight class. Miss weight at 170? You have to fight with 7.5 pounds wrist weights LOLLLL.

Losing the show money if you miss weight..

Absolutely fucking stupid idea, people just won't fight

Anik's idea wouldn't work. If you miss weight by 1 pound and KO the other guy in 30 seconds none of the casual fans will care. Like how most people dismiss jones loss to hamil. UFC could force fighters to at least show up though. If you are healthy, but missed weight, AND don't show up you're cut. they could work something into the contract like that.

you just need to dock a larger amount. i say for every pound you lose 10% of you purse. 5 pounds over and you're giving 50% of the purse to the other guy.

Corporal punishment
In the octagon
Something they will never forget
like being chocked by Paul Harris
Actually, they might forget that
Because they'll be fucking dead

i LOL'd at your AV.

I'd suggest to make them fight a nonranked or a fighter outside the top10. Those guys have difficulties getting a chance

If a nonranked or non top 10 fighter misses weight he has to fight a shertard

My plan: free not shots to the guy who misses weight.

Here is a better idea. You miss weight 2x and you get cut.

Back