Jon’s strategy is working

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Only Here for Attachments, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Only Here for Attachments Stipe Justice Warrior

Khabib retired as undefeated and undisputed champion and half the topics here are about Jon Jones. <45>

I’m betting we’ll have a fight announced for him within the week. You have all been played like a fiddle

2. Wise1 Black Belt

Obvious.

He has a lot of admiration for Khabib, the only reason he spoke out is because he wants to ride the wave.

3. youllneverwalkalone Purple Belt

The irony is that there is really nothing to talk about. Jones conflates p4p with goat status even though it is obvious that they mean very different things.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Man_in_Black likes this.
  4. TempleoftheDog Purple Belt

The Jones, and Conor fanbases are truly hilarious to me. The mental gymnastics, and delusional theories crack me up. lol, well done.

5. PulsingJones Green Belt

It made him look like a child

6. Man_in_Black Yellow Belt

Exactly...P4P is not the same as GOAT. I know Dana mentioned that Khabib should be considered the GOAT, but I don't think even Khabib said anything about that, he talked about pound for pound (both of which are so convoluted that arguments can be made for a number of fighters). Someone else posted that Khabib may have earned most Dominant fighter...which kind of makes sense given the little damage he took vs the maulings he's laid down on people...

7. Thy Red Belt

He's so pathetic. desperately wants attention any way he can get it.

MGS likes this.
  8. loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

It takes mental gymnastics to declare anyone "GOAT", as there is no clear definition of the term. So, it's cool that you find it hilarious, as long as you're not finding it hilarious cuz you believe you know better.

9. LFAHFN22 Yellow Belt

Even if Jon "Juice" Jones wasn't an idiot confusing P4P with 'GOAT', Jones is not the fucking 'GOAT'. His belief that his title defenses substantiate his claim is misplaced and completely undermined by his history of controversies.

10. TempleoftheDog Purple Belt

I don’t believe in a one true GOAT, because I do know better. Check the sticky poll. I have no vote. Played yourself on that one.

As for everybody talking about Jones. Do you see what the majority of people are calling him? The derogatory names? If you’re happy about it all. Then you should have no problems.

11. sampuncher Black Belt

Na, Jon usually whines when people take the spotlight off of him.

12. Only Here for Attachments Stipe Justice Warrior

13. Ufcmaster Banned Banned

Weird bump

jones is talked about because dude is washed up now and will probably get bodied in his next fight.

Dana and the UFC know this and are hoping Izzy is the one that does it to make him a global super star