Jokes and frustration apart is the hype train really over?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This was not a jhonny walker type of loss to me. Edmen even in defeat did look very technically good before he gassed ( i actually gave him the first round ) his biggest problem is his conditioning, he has the lungs of a smoker but skillwise i think he's definitly top 10,being so young still i think in a way this loss was a good thing for him because now he knows exacly what he needs to improve

He clearly can strike, but he gassed BAD in the 2nd round in a fight that wasn't super high pace and he wasn't really even getting wrestle-fucked before gassing.

Really needs to work on that cardio immediately.
Herb saved him from taking serious damage.

Time is on his side though. Won't count him out just yet.

His TDD is awful, lets him down all the time.. I know I keep saying this, and i'm kicking a dead horse, but where the fuck is the Judo?
Anyone attacks his legs his just elbows until he's down, seen him do it before and was unconvinced then but thought he was just kind of being a bit careless, seems he's just shit at it.

He needs a change of scenery. A new or more better established camp. He's only 22 he's got plenty of time to improve. Where he's at right now is more than most 22 year olds who fight in MMA.

I think the hypetrain is definitely over, but he still has a lot of potential and could have a great career.

He's still just a kid, and Brunson is a legit opponent. This could be a valuable learning experience for Shahbazyan.

Yeah the hype train is over. At this point either he'll make adjustments to become a better fighter or morph into a win some/lose some type of fighter.

Worst cardio I've seen for a fighter his size.

Clearly skilled, but relies too much on his hands. He needs to learn to chop down the tree and then exploit the head. (Gaethje masterful at this)

I couldn't tell if he was quitting or just had the worst cardio ever, actually. It was quite sad.

BUT he has a lot of potential and he's very young.

I've said this a few times tonight but he does have potential and he's 22 so he has time to improve but he'll never get any better staying where he is. If he stays where he is, there's gonna be a lot of rough Ls in his future

Lacks head movement
He definitely didn’t when he was on his back. He didn’t even try shrimp or move his head at all when Brunson was attacking at the end of the 2nd.

His TDD is awful, lets him down all the time.. I know I keep saying this, and i'm kicking a dead horse, but where the fuck is the Judo?
Anyone attacks his legs his just elbows until he's down, seen him do it before and was unconvinced then but thought he was just kind of being a bit careless, seems he's just shit at it.
Prolly learned that from Travis Browne

I think the hypetrain is definitely over, but he still has a lot of potential and could have a great career.

He's still just a kid, and Brunson is a legit opponent. This could be a valuable learning experience for Shahbazyan.

If you haven't lost you haven't been fighting the right people.
This is not boxing. Having a loss is not a big deal.
Dude is young and he just need to keep improving.
Also sometimes a loss can be a good thing. A reality check and a learning experience as you said.

I don’t think so, 9/10 guys wouldn’t have came out for that 3rd round so he’s got heart and obviously talent. Aaron pico lost like 3 fights already and still seems like he can be champ material. He’s gotta leave that camp and get some good traditional boxing/wrestling training and the cardio will come with that.

Back