Banned
Reaction score
Joker 8.6 imdb, 69% RT, 11 Oscar Noms

Taxi Driver 8.3 imdb, 97% RT, 4 Oscar Noms

Which movie do you like better?

Its Taxi Driver

Its not close

This thread has been done before

I liked the Joker more. I had never seen TD till after though. I just thought the joker build up and scenes were more intense and thrilling

PS we are choosing which movie we liked more and I be dammed if someone can tell me what I like

Lmao come on.

Taxi Driver because it isn’t a stupid mess

Joker easily. Both are far from acclaim they received though.

I watched Joker first, and in a month or so, watched Taxi Driver.

Joker was a quick high, while Taxi Driver was the movie that have a more lasting impression for me.

Taxi Driver is so much better it's not even worth comparing except to point out how many times Philips ripped TD off for Joker.

I loved Joker. I own the Taxi Driver DVD so I obviously like it, but it's been a long time since I've seen it so I can't give an accurate answer now.

Taxi Driver is so much better it's not even worth comparing except to point out how many times Philips ripped TD off for Joker.

The best part is Phillips only partially ripped off TD...

...because he had to throw in Act 2: the comedian obsessed with a talk show host (King of Comedy)
or Jokers final act which is essentially the ending of Network with a twist.

Joker 8.6 imdb, 69% RT, 11 Oscar Noms

Taxi Driver 8.3 imdb, 97% RT, 4 Oscar Noms

Which movie do you like better?

Obviously Taxi Driver by a mile. But the Joker was strong and had a lot of the same themes

Joker for me but I have not watched TD in a long time.
Also I hate old man Robert De Niro.

King of Comedy is the right answer. Taxi driver is obviously great but the ending left me cold. I mean, i get it, we as a society "created him," but we all still have freedom of choice. He chose to spend all his hard earned money buying guns as opposed to bettering himself. So at the end i was like, "don't look at me." lol.

King of Comedy is the last really classic Marty film IMHO, Goodfellas is definitely a fun watch also getting a bit more formulaic.

I have not seen Joker yet but Taxi Driver is in my top 3-all time, so almost certainly Taxi Driver.

Look at lead actors n directors. Neither suck but 1 is clearly better

King of Comedy is the right answer. Taxi driver is obviously great but the ending left me cold. I mean, i get it, we as a society "created him," but we all still have freedom of choice. He chose to spend all his hard earned money buying guns as opposed to bettering himself. So at the end i was like, "don't look at me." lol.

You really think King of Comedy is a better movie than Taxi Driver?

King of Comedy is the last really classic Marty film IMHO, Goodfellas is definitely a fun watch also getting a bit more formulaic.

Goodfellas invented that formula. There wasn't really a movie like it before it. Because its been copied so many times now when you watch it without that frame of reference in mind you think it's a formulaic movie.

Back