Movies Joker (2019) vs Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Better film

• Total voters

I Fusion I

Everything you can imagine is real
@Brown
Reaction score

My 2nd favorite of their respective brands in this decade... which one do you prefer?

Last edited:
Joker was a fun movie on its own, but it didn't do Joker's character any justice imo.

I watched Joker twice. I'm good. Honestly don't ever need to see it again.

Civil War is in my top 3 MCU movies. It introduces Spiderman & Black Panther along with having two great fights, the 5v5 and Capt America Winter Solider vs Iron Man.

Civil War is easily a top 5 superhero movie for me. Joker was good but too dark for me.

The Joker is just like The Dark Knight.

Both are mediocre movies that are way overrated because the actors playing the Joker did an amazing job... and also because Batman.

The Joker is just like The Dark Knight.

Both are mediocre movies that are way overrated because the actors playing the Joker did an amazing job... and also because Batman.

Or maybe, they're great films because of acting, directing, storyline and themes? Specialized critics and awards prove that. You really didn't elaborate anything, you just bashed TDK, dude i understand that you hate the whole trilogy, but there is a reason to bring it off topic here?

You should check out this poll made by a prestigious magazine, that asked over 170 critics from the world to form an impersonal consensus of the best films of the 21th century. There are others, even all-time.

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20160819-the-21st-centurys-100-greatest-films

Note: I voted Civil War.

Weird movies to compare

These make the better compairsons i think

Didn't want to use BvS (far weaker film) or Batman Begins

the best part of Joker was Phoenix and his over the top performance, which doesn't quite have enough jazz for repeat viewings.

The ending scenes were cool but it was basically The GenZ Howard Beale/Travis Bickle/Rupert Pupkin story.

Remember how many people were thinking that Joker was the best thing since sliced bread when it came out? As a reaction to the backlash, I think. Either way, it's a mediocre movie with an excellent performance by Joaquin Phoenix. He carries that whole thing.

Honestly I thought Civil War was overrated as well.

You should have done civil war vs winter soldier or joker vs dark knight

Joker. TS this is Tyson/McNeely level matchmaking.

I actually liked Civil War until Spiderkid showed up. Like don’t try and sell me on some international UN like accord and then have one party use a child soldier.

Back