Joing Gym - need a workout.. Personal trainer?

Personal trainers at my gym go for 30 a half hour or 50 an hour. Pretty spendy. A few of the workers know their stuff but some are just into the whole body building scene not powerlifting.

I think the idea that personal trainers have no idea what they are doing is false. Its true that getting certified to be a trainer is easier than it should be and as a result, there are alot of underqualified people training people. However, there are those that spend countless hours learning what it takes to train others and also taking the extra steps to make sure they know their stuff. I would say its 50/50. All the trainers are more than compedent at my gym and know their stuff. As for charginf 60.hr? Thats how much my gym charges, i only get paid 22/hr. Think im getting robbed? well no cause i never have to look for clients, thats the gyms job...to get me clients. ALthough i train ALOT of women, all my guy are put on a pwerlifting based program and depending on how many sessions they buy, we may even max every now and then.

think of it from a point of view as the personal trainer. in most gyms that a personal trainer is needed, the type of people in there are those who want to look good with a shirt off and dont care about a 600 lbs deadlift. so, if you want to make money as a personal trainer then you're trying to attract that crew.

there are guys out there than know their shit in athletic training, personal training, bodybuilding, and powerlifting but they're hard to find. i'm actually prepping to go off to school and be that guy who knows his shit.

Back