Join the WRBC! The War Room Book Club.

As someone who has been pushed right by the left, I appreciate this thread. I think taking in literature that shapes the perceptions of people who are different from you philisophically can help us understand each other and hopefully be more
kind and open minded. I may not agree with everything but I will be looking into some of these texts. Thanks Sherbros.
It's precisely why I made the thread so I'm glad you appreciate it. What Are you thinking of diving into?

It's precisely why I made the thread so I'm glad you appreciate it. What Are you thinking of diving into?

Specifically the book you posted about the Kurds, that’s right up my alley. The book about John Brown too is very intriguing. The Eckhart Tolle book Metatron posted as well. Tolle will get my attention for sure.

61owG+XnCsL._SL300_.jpg

Must read for our European posters.

Specifically the book you posted about the Kurds, that’s right up my alley. The book about John Brown too is very intriguing. The Eckhart Tolle book Metatron posted as well. Tolle will get my attention for sure.
It's really, really good and a short read. The Kurds are far far left, but what's happening in Rojava and seeing Democratic Confederalism in action is fascinating. I basically got a boner when they mentioned the Zapatista rebellion.

The John Brown book is incredible but don't sleep on The Devil Is In these Hills. The coal wars between the Unions and the police lasted forever and were extremely violent. The police were straight up assassinating young union organizers. 10,000 workers would grab their guns and march like fifty miles to assist besieged miners. American history is filled with forgotten labor uprisings.

The Battle of Blair Mountain was wild. A million rounds fired, bombs dropped from planes. Trenches that are still there today.

I firmly believe this book has been poorly translated.
Poorly translated, passed down by word of mouth before written down, had various books left out etc.

You’ve read both?

I read HS many years ago. I listened to a few chapters of O'Neill's book and had to stop. I have also seen multiple docs and listened to multiple interviews with former Family members. The formation of the group and what led to the murders is clear as day. It sure as hell had nothing to do with CIA mind control experiments.

Big joint + hammock = book time.

Just got the entire series of shaman books by carlos castaneda. Might have to include some shrooms in the reading sessions

412QvRpd0KL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Nothing political, but it's a relaxing read about fascinating people.

51jK4pDuoKL._SX237_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Available as "The White Spider" in English. Probably one of the most thrilling books I have ever read.

I've not read Dahl in the hottest of minutes, what is it about the book that calls to you?

Good question.

I just remember it being a favorite of mine as a kid.

Great fantasy story to kinda lose yourself in.

51jK4pDuoKL._SX237_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Available as "The White Spider" in English. Probably one of the most thrilling books I have ever read.
I read the everest book by krakauer or something. A special breed those mountaineers

I read the everest book by krakauer or something. A special breed those mountaineers

Absolutely. Harrer, btw, was among the first to successfully climb the Eiger North Face in 1938. He eventually ended up in Tibet and wrote "Seven Years in Tibet".

His is a Wikipedia article worth reading.

Last thing I read was this.

519xCoMNKcL._SL350_.jpg

Pretty light read but pretty good back drop to the relationship with the fall of the ussr from an economic / finance perspective, Rise of Putin, and his story had direct impact on the current Russia relationship, reset, maginsky act, Russia adoption ban, etc.

Bill Bowder’s grandfather ran for president as head of the communist party and bowder made his fortune investing in the post communist privatization process and the found himself in direct conflict with Putin’s Russia.

Oh that's the good shit right there. It's on my list of things to read, anything Noam recommends I'm about it. Noam is my favorite living American author and the person who has had the most influence on my beliefs.
220px-Hegemony_or_Survival.jpg

Life changing read.

As to anarcho-syndicalism I've always heard that book was a must read.
A book sitting on the shelf I've not read in forever is The Conquest of Bread.
9780983061588-us.jpg

It's influence on the Spanish Civil War is not to be understated.
Speaking of The Spanish Civil War I finished Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell again last month and it's incredible. Orwell documents the war and his time in a Marxist militia in such an eloquent way, as with most Orwell it's very easy to read.

Fun fact. Nothing Like It In This World is sitting next to me at this very moment. I've no clue as to why it's my designated blunt rolling book, but it is lol. Stephen Ambrose is so great, and his influence on the WW2 museum here is not to be trifled with.

My first book I read of chomsky.

Damn good read...disagreed with some of the material but thought provoking

currently reading alternately:

Ruby Ridge by Jess Walter
Stalling for Time by Gary Noesner
Five Days in November by Clint Hill

all excellent btw

05AA1511-292E-437B-B40C-5189EA49FD02.jpeg

Just started it Friday. Read during the week during slow work times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back