Johny Hendrics both reactions when he missed weight at UFC 200 and now at UFC 207

Never thought I would root for Neil Magny but tomorrow might be the night so Johny gets his walking papers and fails to make weight somewhere else.

Apologies for my newb status but does Magney get the $18k of Hendricks purse?

If he cant beat Magny he might be missing weight in Bellator...maybe he is trying to cry off a pound in those pictures?
You know what? "Cry off a pound" would make a good name for a song. Imagine a gangsta/rappa singing to his GF "gotta cry off a pound, if you wanna get pounded" or something like that. :p

He would miss weight if he moved to HW. he would probably come in at 269 . Johnny being Johnny

Yea, he's basically unwilling to follow the necessary diet. Borg at least looked shredded when he failed. Johny looked like hell, but more like he was ill than dehydrated.

He tries to cut too much weight during fight week. It's the classic, instead of running a mile every day, I'll run 7 and make just one day miserable ideology. I don't know whether he's coming in camp heavy, or he's just not dieting properly in camp. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a combination of both though.

I can't sit there and say he doesn't have any discipline, because he still puts it body through hell, and most wouldn't even think to attempt what he does.

However, it's obvious he isn't disciplined in terms of being a fighter and professional athlete. The dude's obviously more concerned with what his taste buds are enjoying rather than his career, and it couldn't honestly be more obvious that it's never going to change. I would say Dana would know that this is it, dude needs to not be scheduled at WW anymore, but that idea should've been planted in his head along time ago, so who knows. He finally made the other fat kid fight at MW, so maybe there is hope yet.

Back