Johny Hendricks wouldn't mind if Georges St-Pierre retired

I miss GSP, he was/is iconic to the sport. The haters in this thread sound like bitches.

lol at this

as if lawler vs hendricks was remotely like hendricks vs GSP

GSP got destroyed
lawler vs hendricks was a good fight really close fight, not the GSP fight.
btw me too ive scored more for lawler, but its no where near the stolen victory of GSP vs Hendricks

smdh.gif

I'll just leave this here......

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/cdf58f62e289efec
http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/7ff036c99621eb1c
Post fight (GSP after Hendricks, Hendricks after Lawler)....
Georges-St-Pierre-UFC-167-Post_94711.jpg
20140315113022_5D3_5207.JPG

1 week after the fight (GSP after Hendricks, Hendricks after Lawler)
Johny-Hendricks-PNG.png
method=get&s=gsp-11-20-2013-14-30-34-194.jpg

GSPs face bruises easier than Hendricks. Johny took harder shots from Robbie. A week removed from both fights, GSP looked better than Hendricks. That is indicative of the damage done. And, stylistically, the fights were very similar. Well, except GSP outlanded hendricks by a larger margin than Hendricks outlanded Lawler in sig strikes.....

smdh.gif

Johny-Hendricks-PNG.png

GSPs face bruises easier than Hendricks. Johny took harder shots from Robbie. A week removed from both fights, GSP looked better than Hendricks. That is indicative of the damage done. And, stylistically, the fights were very similar. Well, except GSP outlanded hendricks by a larger margin than Hendricks outlanded Lawler in sig strikes.....

Hendricks 1 week after looks like a young Santa Klaus.

I miss GSP but in saying that now he has blown both of his knees I hope he stays retired as I don't think he would be any where near the same fighter

He's been saying this since before they fought, he cares about the belt, not GSP

Just poking my head in to say hi. Nothing beats a coffee, breakfast burrito and a thread chalk-full of GSP haters to get my day going.

smdh.gif

Johny-Hendricks-PNG.png

You've got a closeup of Hendricks and a further shot of GSP where you can't really see his face. And about that picutre of GSP on the beach, I don't remember that picture being 1 week after the fight, but I do remember him posting to let everyone know he is doing fine when all those rumors were going around about GSP having some issues (Aliens, Babymama, ex manager lawsuit). Issues that many believed may have distracted him in the fight and are the reason he stepped away. At any rate, most polls(people) thought Hendricks won the fight against GSP, and most polls thought Hendricks won against Lawler. It was never about how their faces looked at the end, but how the fight looked.

http://cdn.forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=89219767
Out of 2283 votes, 1551 people 67.94% thought Hendricks won, 619 people 27.11% thought GSP won, and 113 people 4.95% scored it a draw.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/who-do-you-think-won-robbie-lawler-vs-johny-hendricks-2695647/
Out of 1160 votes, 720 people 62.07% thought Hendricks won, 356 people 30.69% thought Lawler won, and 84 people 7.24% scored it a draw.

That is the difference between these fight. In both fight, the majority thought Hendricks won.

And for everyone who wouldn't miss GSP because of his boring style. Just wait for the Lawlor rematch when Johnny doesn't have a torn bicep. I promise you're gonna see some wrasslin. Johnny is one hell of a fighter but he wants to be champ and knows that will mean fighting safe and doing what he does best. If he doesn't get a big KO early we had split decision Hendricks. And like George, when he is constantly fighting the best in the world he won't be blitzing guys like he used to. Mark my words.

This.

Leading up to the GSP fight everyone rode his nuts saying he's the KO kid.
Dude's got 8 decisions out of 13 in the UFC, and you'll notice aside from Kampmann and Fitch, which to his credit are totally legit KO's on his resume, once the talent level got ramped up, the KO's stop.

If anyone thinks Hendricks is going to risk losing that belt they are kidding themselves.
He can definitely hold on to the belt, he's got the wrestling to do it, but a few years from now his "fans" are going to miss GSP's exponentially more diverse and dynamic striking and all-round skill set. Though i'll be VERY surprised if Hendricks is still champ a few years from now, and even more surprised if he manages any more knockouts in that span.

First off: GSP 1, 3, 5

Secondly: Sure, why fight GSP and sell 750,000 PPVs when you can fight someone else and sell 300,000? There's always more to life than pesky old money right?

The most compelling BURN I've ever witnessed

There is no logical arguments to be had with Hendricks fans. We all saw the first round, and all agree that it was the deciding factor. If you need proof of how skewed Sherdog is, just read the results/play by play for round 1. They make it sound like Hendricks dominated GSP in that round....
Referee Mario Yamasaki is the third man in the cage for tonight

If on my best day I fought the champ on his worst and still couldn't get the job done I also would not want the real champ to come back.

Why do you say that?

I'm not saying either fighter clearly won or whatever.

I say the rd is a draw. If the judging says we'll we won't give a draw and you need to pick a winner. Why is it illogical to say the you gotta beat the champ to be the champ?

If no one won the round, no one won the round. That is logic. Nowhere does it state judges won't give a draw in a round. It's just a stupid tendency and makes the winner completely arbitrary. And the champ in no way deserves the benefit of a doubt. His performance speaks for itself.

You've got a closeup of Hendricks and a further shot of GSP where you can't really see his face. And about that picutre of GSP on the beach, I don't remember that picture being 1 week after the fight, but I do remember him posting to let everyone know he is doing fine when all those rumors were going around about GSP having some issues (Aliens, Babymama, ex manager lawsuit). Issues that many believed may have distracted him in the fight and are the reason he stepped away. At any rate, most polls(people) thought Hendricks won the fight against GSP, and most polls thought Hendricks won against Lawler. It was never about how their faces looked at the end, but how the fight looked.

http://cdn.forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=89219767
Out of 2283 votes, 1551 people 67.94% thought Hendricks won, 619 people 27.11% thought GSP won, and 113 people 4.95% scored it a draw.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/who-do-you-think-won-robbie-lawler-vs-johny-hendricks-2695647/
Out of 1160 votes, 720 people 62.07% thought Hendricks won, 356 people 30.69% thought Lawler won, and 84 people 7.24% scored it a draw.

That is the difference between these fight. In both fight, the majority thought Hendricks won.

You are right. The pic of GSP wasn't 1 week after the fight. It was, at a MAXIMUM 4 days (167 was Nov 16, pic showed up everywhere on the 20th).
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/20/5126474/ufc-167-pic-georges-st-pierre-vacation-forget-rumors-happy-well-mma

The Hendricks picture was 7 days, 3/17 to 3/24

And yes, it is about the damage. You want to post a sherdog poll as verification of who won the fight? Sherdog, as a MAJORITY populous, I feel is a bit lacking. But the point is, every single Hendricks fan and GSP hater in both of those polls have probably posted a pic of GSPs face, and saying Hendricks did more damage. We all know it came down to Rd 1, and I haven't heard a single compelling argument from a Hendricks fan that makes sense with giving him the round definitively. The poll that you posted might as well have been "Do you think Hendricks kicked GSPs arse" for the layman sherdoggers. And even I would have voted yes.

Him winning the fight and him winning round 1 are the same argument. 2-4 were clearly Hendricks rounds while 3-5 were clearly GSPs rounds.

I honestly had GSP winning the round until they showed the striking stats midround. I think that Johnny may have won due to the elbows against the cage otherwise it was a really close round.

Joe Rogan shouting "he can't take many more of these!" While the elbows were landing is why most people give the fight to Hendricks. The reality is that the elbows never landed and it was the back of Hendricks arm hitting GSP. So in reality GSP clearly landed more significant strikes in round 1 giving GSP the round and the fight. It really is crazy how many people were influenced by Rogan though. But thats sherdog. If you didn't know that GSP is/was the most popular fighter so far, you'd have no idea just reading comments on sherdog. Like people saying GSP won't be missed. Lol, they couldn't be any more wrong.

This "tapped" argument is so dumb...

So GSP releases, about a second after the alleged "tap" and continues to fight....

Ok think about that..

GSP is one of THE smartest fighters on the planet...why is he letting go of a choke that's about to win him the fight?

I'm not going to make the "tapped" argument, because it is dumb. But as far as "knowing" when someone is going to tap, I have to ask if you have ever practiced BJJ? Yes, if a sub is in GOOD, you know you can hold on until they tap or nap. But don't kid yourself in thinking that people have subbed others when they thought the sub wasn't deep enough. It's hard to tell. You are asking why GSP would let it go if it was in deep. Clearly, it was not, and he let go about the same time as the tap, not clearly before. But many fighters HAVE tapped when it WASN'T in deep. The question you need to be asking is "What in the hell was Johny doing?"

Again, not making that argument that he did, but don't act like there is compelling evidence he did or didn't.

I bet he wouldn't

Creepy smile.gif

This "tapped" argument is so dumb...

So GSP releases, about a second after the alleged "tap" and continues to fight....

Ok think about that..

GSP is one of THE smartest fighters on the planet...why is he letting go of a choke that's about to win him the fight?

The question should be why did Hendricks tap when even GSP didn't think he had the choke? Because there is no denying the tap, it happened on video.

Back