Johny Hendricks wouldn't mind if Georges St-Pierre retired

As much as I like GSP, I wouldn't mind him staying retired. His era was a fantastic one, but seeing WW title fights that don't always go to a decision is what I'm excited about. There's a new era in the WW division with a plethora of talent, more than enough to keep us occupied for years. GSP should be a Liddellesque ambassador at most.

Logic falls the fuck apart here.

Why do you say that?

I'm not saying either fighter clearly won or whatever.

I say the rd is a draw. If the judging says we'll we won't give a draw and you need to pick a winner. Why is it illogical to say the you gotta beat the champ to be the champ?

GSP won.

And if they fought again, he'd kill Hendricks

Nobody else cares wether GSP retires either. His legacy is boring like his fights so it'S only suitable to hear about it as a bed time story so we can get to sleep faster., and there is no outcry of fans who want to see him back.
Really... his legacy is boring... Wow. Give your head a shake.

I agree, GSP should stay retired. He is the GOAT WW by a mile but the 2nd half of his career was just flat out boring anyway you want to slice it. The WW division is amazing the way it is now with 5-6 guys having very little to separate them, GSP coming back doesn't interest me in the slightest.

It baffles me that this guy was the UFC PPV king. Who pays to see that dude lay on people?

Not a fan, but he is correct.

There has yet to be a logical argument for GSP winning the first round, let alone the fight.

The only argument for Johny is the elbows. But he threw those from a defensive position. A position that GSP could've pulled away from at any time.

He doesn't mind because he beat GSP's ass . I know he lost the decision but he brutalized GSP and Johnny n everyone else knows it .

There has been as logical an argument for George as there is for Hendricks on RD1.

Most agree that the grappling was pretty much even.
I had octagon control and aggression back and forth and would say even as well.

I say it's whether you place the most value on the elbows to the side of the head that Johnny delivered or the minute and a half where GSP landed the better shots in the standup towards the end of the RD ad the most effective striking.
Neither did any real damage IMO.

I personally call it a draw. But since they just don't seem to want to do 10-10 rds I say it goes to the champ.

Logical argument?

There is no logical arguments to be had with Hendricks fans. We all saw the first round, and all agree that it was the deciding factor. If you need proof of how skewed Sherdog is, just read the results/play by play for round 1. They make it sound like Hendricks dominated GSP in that round....
Referee Mario Yamasaki is the third man in the cage for tonight

Well if GSP is such a boring fuck, why did have the best PPV for years?
GSP other than a nasty jab, did the best with what else he had.

Lemme tell ya, Johnny has a lot of work if he wants to stitch the same legacy. I gave him the win against Lawler due due to his 5 round take down. However, he will soon face some touch strikers soon.

Let's see how long he keeps the strap.

Robbie Lawler is the unofficial WW champ IMO.

I scored the Hendricks/Lawler fight for Lawler for the same reasons I scored the GSP/Hendricks fight for Hendricks.

lol at this

as if lawler vs hendricks was remotely like hendricks vs GSP

GSP got destroyed
lawler vs hendricks was a good fight really close fight, not the GSP fight.
btw me too ive scored more for lawler, but its no where near the stolen victory of GSP vs Hendricks

First off: GSP 1, 3, 5

Secondly: Sure, why fight GSP and sell 750,000 PPVs when you can fight someone else and sell 300,000? There's always more to life than pesky old money right?

first round go to GSP?

WOW

lol at this

as if lawler vs hendricks was remotely like hendricks vs GSP

GSP got destroyed
lawler vs hendricks was a good fight really close fight, not the GSP fight.
btw me too ive scored more for lawler, but its no where near the stolen victory of GSP vs Hendricks

They are actually VERY similar fights.

In both fights, the champion won a close decision. In both fights, the challenger hurt the champion very badly in the middle of the fight and had the opportunity to finish the fight. In both fights, the champion was on the edge of being finished but pulled through with heart and grit, and then won the rest of the fight by out-pointing the challenger via takedowns and / or effective striking.

People who say "Hendricks won the FIGHT" and "GSP got destroyed"

If Hendricks couldn't finish GSP in 5 rounds do you really think he would ever be able to?If anything, their fight proves that GSP would finish the fight eventually. If he has any advantage over Hendricks it is clearly his cardio and athleticism.

GSP won the fight. It was close but he won it. Same with Hendricks vs Lawler.

Hendrix barely won against Lawler and I felt it was more Lawler burning himself out than Hendrix beating him up. I see Lawler winning their rematch. And it makes zero since Hendrix not wanting to fight GSP other than he knows he would likely loose his belt. Hendrix would make more money fighting GSP but he would rather fight a lesser opponent for less and still keep his belt than get paid more and lose. I just don't want the Bearded Bitch to start crying all over again, please no.

There has been as logical an argument for George as there is for Hendricks on RD1.

Most agree that the grappling was pretty much even.
I had octagon control and aggression back and forth and would say even as well.

I say it's whether you place the most value on the elbows to the side of the head that Johnny delivered or the minute and a half where GSP landed the better shots in the standup towards the end of the RD ad the most effective striking.
Neither did any real damage IMO.

I personally call it a draw. But since they just don't seem to want to do 10-10 rds I say it goes to the champ.

Logical argument?

stop being logical and insult someone already.

Seriously though, why cant anyone just say that it was close and could have went either way? It always has to be so one sided.

man when i watched the fight and when the last round ended the very first thing I thought was "split dec. to GSP" I was sure that was what the judges scored it. I am a fan of GSP, but when the first round ended i thought "that mother****er"(Hendricks) took it"

stop being logical and insult someone already.

Seriously though, why cant anyone just say that it was close and could have went either way? It always has to be so one sided.

[YT]Pag7vpOmr08[/YT]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back