Johny Hendricks wouldn't mind if Georges St-Pierre retired

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/5/5781332/morning-report-ufc-johny-hendricks-georges-st-pierre-jon-jones-gustafsson-nick-diaz-mma-news

"I don't. I'd love to have a rematch, don't get me wrong, but if he never came back it wouldn't bother me none. I'm trying to make my own legacy and if he's part of it that'd be great. If not, I don't care."

Eight months removed from their clash, Hendricks isn't ready to admit the fight was even close, much less a victory for St-Pierre.

"Me and Georges St-Pierre? No. I still can't. I re-watch it and I re-watch it and I re-watch it and the best I can do is three [rounds] to two. Everybody's human. Everybody makes mistakes. It was sort of on my side because I got the fight in Dallas and actually fought a very tough fight again and ended up winning."

Not a fan, but he is correct.

There has yet to be a logical argument for GSP winning the first round, let alone the fight.

Robbie Lawler is the unofficial WW champ IMO.

I scored the Hendricks/Lawler fight for Lawler for the same reasons I scored the GSP/Hendricks fight for Hendricks.

Nobody else cares wether GSP retires either. His legacy is boring like his fights so it'S only suitable to hear about it as a bed time story so we can get to sleep faster., and there is no outcry of fans who want to see him back.

Nobody will miss a lay and prayer gymnast, let's all move along

Sad to say I must agree. GSP just left me with a very 'meh' feeling, all the way up to how he just sort of casually exited the sport.

There has yet to be a logical argument for GSP winning the first round, let alone the fight.

There has been as logical an argument for George as there is for Hendricks on RD1.

Most agree that the grappling was pretty much even.
I had octagon control and aggression back and forth and would say even as well.

I say it's whether you place the most value on the elbows to the side of the head that Johnny delivered or the minute and a half where GSP landed the better shots in the standup towards the end of the RD ad the most effective striking.
Neither did any real damage IMO.

I personally call it a draw. But since they just don't seem to want to do 10-10 rds I say it goes to the champ.

Logical argument?

GSP GSP GSP

and STILLLLLLLLLLL! welterweight champion of the world, George 'Rush' St Pierreeeee!

Welterweight GOAT bitches!

Him winning the fight and him winning round 1 are the same argument. 2-4 were clearly Hendricks rounds while 3-5 were clearly GSPs rounds.

I honestly had GSP winning the round until they showed the striking stats midround. I think that Johnny may have won due to the elbows against the cage otherwise it was a really close round.

And for everyone who wouldn't miss GSP because of his boring style. Just wait for the Lawlor rematch when Johnny doesn't have a torn bicep. I promise you're gonna see some wrasslin. Johnny is one hell of a fighter but he wants to be champ and knows that will mean fighting safe and doing what he does best. If he doesn't get a big KO early we had split decision Hendricks. And like George, when he is constantly fighting the best in the world he won't be blitzing guys like he used to. Mark my words.

He already beat him, of course GSP serves no interest

I personally call it a draw. But since they just don't seem to want to do 10-10 rds I say it goes to the champ.

Logical argument?

Logic falls the fuck apart here.

Nobody else cares wether GSP retires either. His legacy is boring like his fights so it'S only suitable to hear about it as a bed time story so we can get to sleep faster., and there is no outcry of fans who want to see him back.

I don't agree with you.

And for everyone who wouldn't miss GSP because of his boring style. Just wait for the Lawlor rematch when Johnny doesn't have a torn bicep. I promise you're gonna see some wrasslin. Johnny is one hell of a fighter but he wants to be champ and knows that will mean fighting safe and doing what he does best. If he doesn't get a big KO early we had split decision Hendricks. And like George, when he is constantly fighting the best in the world he won't be blitzing guys like he used to. Mark my words.

Lawler is going to murder him in the rematch.

Robbie Lawler is the unofficial WW champ IMO.

I scored the Hendricks/Lawler fight for Lawler for the same reasons I scored the GSP/Hendricks fight for Hendricks.

At least your consistent. I had GSP over Hendro and Hendro over Robbie.

GSP GSP GSP

and STILLLLLLLLLLL! welterweight champion of the world, George 'Rush' St Pierreeeee!

Welterweight GOAT bitches!

For your tears, would you like a blanket to wipe them away? You should be used to seeing that as a GSP fan.

He already beat him, of course GSP serves no interest

First off: GSP 1, 3, 5

Secondly: Sure, why fight GSP and sell 750,000 PPVs when you can fight someone else and sell 300,000? There's always more to life than pesky old money right?

I hope GSP comes back with a nasty ass beard and some crazy hair and rapes Hendricks.

giphy.gif

IMO it will be a huge anti climax if GSP comes back and beats hendricks.

Back