Johny Hendricks weight issue

ScriptReadsMe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Something is really off with this guy. Take for example the Gastelum fight. He looked definitely smaller than Gastelum, yet he came in over the weight limit meanwhile Gastelum made weight easily. Johny looked like a lightweight at the weigh-ins, yet he had trouble making 170. What the hell. Does he carry bricks in his pockets?

Almost like he's struggling with the stricter testing and hydration rules.

firaz youtube breakdowns are all over hendricks and ped's

also dolce said he didnt want to work with hendricks until he cleaned up his life outside the cage. i wouldnt be surprised if hendricks was drinking or on pills. he shouldnt have this much trouble making weight, even if he has a pizza problem

Can't remember the name of the reporter but somebody close to Hendricks told him that he ruined his kidneys badly cutting weight around 2014 or so and he hasn't been able to recover from it.

dense bones, likes to eat bbq, is just fat compared to these other guys,

johny-hendricks-looking-fat-with-sandwich.jpg
34662254.jpg

Prolly putting zero effort into his weight cuts or just fat. You can deplete your glycogen stores and temporarily lose a shit ton of water weight from your skeletal muscle. Fatty tissue, not so much.

Can't remember the name of the reporter but somebody close to Hendricks told him that he ruined his kidneys badly cutting weight around 2014 or so and he hasn't been able to recover from it.
Wouldn't surprise me at all he walked into the cage looking like he was over 190 just a few years ago.

dense bones, likes to eat bbq, is just fat compared to these other guys,
Come on, he looked in good shape at the weigh ins lol. I don't understand why people call him fat. He may be fat outside fight camp, but he comes in diced to the socks

He needs to find a way to get back in the testosterone. He has just declined so much since he had to get off. He's lost muscle and still can't make weight. He has no confidence anymore. Needs to find a way.

Come on, he looked in good shape at the weigh ins lol. I don't understand why people call him fat. He may be fat outside fight camp, but he comes in diced to the socks
He is fat outside of fight camp. If you look closely he still has fat on his sides during the weigh ins, more then most welterweights . guy actually has a small frame for the weight he is just a thick, kind of fat, dude.

USADA + No IV + dense bones = your solution
Dense bones is the stupidest shit I ever heard lol

Human skeleton weighs 15 pounds lol

Agree with the the other 2 things stated 100 percent

Last edited:
It's quite bizarre really, even harder to explain. I mean, he only has the burger, not the fries..

Johny should actually do what GSP and step away from the game until he gets his shit together. I don't know if it's simply a discipline and dedication issue, needing to find a new camp/team, or simply loves food too much... but he needs to figure shit out while he still has a chance to regain his form because it's starting to look like he's on borrowed time in the UFC.

Back