Johny Hendricks says Ellenberger is more dangerous than GSP

Depends on what he means by "danger".

When fighting Ellenberger he has a much greater chance to win but at the same time a much greater chance of getting KTFOed.

I agree, GSP could outwrestle and outstrike Hendricks but he isnt finishing him

I was ambivalent to Hendricks before but he's become so annoying I hope he gets put away.

The answer is no, def not. Hendricks will get past felonberger, but get outclassed by GSP.

Is there anyone here who thinks GSP will sub Hendricks?

I like Hendricks, but he's starting to sound like a butthurt ex girlfriend. Just win man. If you do then you'll get your shot at GSP.

GSP has always been a company guy...just taking on whomever the UFC puts in front of him. He never seems to go into a fight pissed at his opponent. Now, he's asked for a fight, against a guy who he has a personal problem with. I for one like the Diaz matchup. I think it's going to make for an exciting fight like the Condit fight did (yes, I liked that fight...two guys don't get that beat up in a boring fight).

Take a look mr Hendriks

jon-fitch-3.jpg

kos2.png

321_georges_st-pierre_vs_carlos_condit.0_standard_352.0.jpg

gsp_alves_punch_ufc100.jpg

There's no question he is. Berger can KO any WW at any time, and there's a good chance it happens every time he fights.

I like Hendricks.
Hope he beats Jake.
2 Round TKO.

Take a look mr Hendriks

jon-fitch-3.jpg

kos2.png

321_georges_st-pierre_vs_carlos_condit.0_standard_352.0.jpg

gsp_alves_punch_ufc100.jpg

Decision
Decision
Decision
Decision

I think his point is that Ellenberger has pretty serious KO power and can KO him. GSP can dominate every top fighter, but finishes no one at this point.

Funny how you guys are acting as if Hendricks has no right to be annoyed, when he's had one of the toughest runs to a title shot, wins a "no.1 contender" fight in emphatic fashion, to be told the champs chosen to fight someone coming off a loss and a suspension. Of course he's annoyed.

Yes he complained a lot, but he's doing the right thing, unlike a few of those interim champs, who just sit on the sidelines along with the injured champ. This is a great 50/50 fight, and Hendricks deserves massive credit for taking it.

Obviously it's a silly statement, but he's pissed off, and at the same time trying to promote his fight.

Hendricks is being a baby about this - a big ol' crying baby.

Fighting GSP was his lottery ticket - he has one punch power and hoped to luck out and catch Georges and set his family for life. I get it.

But he's far from an undisputed No.1 contender and has zero name value/selling power. GSP gets a PPV cut, IIRC Brock got $4 per PPV buy, so GSP is probably looking at the same, meaning $400K every 100,000 purchases - if Diaz vs GSP sells 250K more PPV's that's $1M more in GSP's pocket and millions more for the UFC.

Bones Jones was slammed here because he didn't take the Sonnen fight to save the UFC millions. GSP is taking the harder fight to make himself and the UFC and thus all the other fighters on his card more money.

i belive it, GSP ain't very dangerous. he's not finished anyone in the last how many years? and honestly, he won't finish anyone ever again. hes kinda soft.

Would you rather get flash knocked out or get your ass absolutely beat for 25 minutes and lose a 50-45 (or 50-44/43) decision?

Hendricks is being a baby about this - a big ol' crying baby.

Fighting GSP was his lottery ticket - he has one punch power and hoped to luck out and catch Georges and set his family for life. I get it.

But he's far from an undisputed No.1 contender and has zero name value/selling power. GSP gets a PPV cut, IIRC Brock got $4 per PPV buy, so GSP is probably looking at the same, meaning $400K every 100,000 purchases - if Diaz vs GSP sells 250K more PPV's that's $1M more in GSP's pocket and millions more for the UFC.

Bones Jones was slammed here because he didn't take the Sonnen fight to save the UFC millions. GSP is taking the harder fight to make himself and the UFC and thus all the other fighters on his card more money.

Which in turn will make Jonny Hendricks a lot of money for being on this card. They could have easily put him as a headliner on Fuel instead of what is likely going to be the biggest PPV of the year.

I hope Jonny puts 100% of his focus into his camp for Ellenberger, because his shot could be taken away forever if he looks past him.

But he's far from an undisputed No.1 contender

5 fight win streak, Mike Pierce,Jon Fitch,Josh Koscheck,Martin Kampmann.

Diaz, Lost his last fight.

Care to explain how he's not the undisputed #1? Your a moron. And i do belive you don't know shit about mma.

Would you rather get flash knocked out or get your ass absolutely beat for 25 minutes and lose a 50-45 (or 50-44/43) decision?

Who would you find more dangerous?

Someone who can finish you at any point during a fight, or someone who fights you to a decision.

Back