Johny Hendricks says Ellenberger is more dangerous than GSP

This is just a stupid statement. The only thing that Ellenberger has an advantage over GSP in is punching power. And he was too tentative to use it against Heiron.

Hendricks is talking a good game, but he will need more than that one big punch to back it up against GSP. Koscheck was also a solid wrestler whose striking consisted of one big punch.

If Hendricks gets by Ellenberger, he's going to have his orbital broken by GSP.

A lot of you are so certain that GSP can avoid Hendricks left hand for 5 rounds......he couldn't defend a slow left high kick from Condit............you put too much faith in his striking defense.

Cause unlike Condit, Hendricks has great technique.

This is just a stupid statement. The only thing that Ellenberger has an advantage over GSP in is punching power. And he was too tentative to use it against Heiron.

Dude, it's pretty obvious he is still butthurt that GSP "ducked him"

Johny Hendricks is trolling hard to be in the spotlight. Good one Johny, good one.

"I won't fight unless its for the belt" then inks a deal to fight. Yea sure buddy.

Can we have a sticky

Johhny Hendricks says _____ to try and talk his way to a title shot

It's true, it's DAMN true. When is the last time GSP finished a fight? Compared to the last time Ellenberger finished fights?

Exactly. I know MMA math isn't always the greatest but look what Ellenberger did to Jake Shields in 1 round compared to what it took GSP to do in 5 rounds.

It's true, it's DAMN true. When is the last time GSP finished a fight? Compared to the last time Ellenberger finished fights?

Exactly. I know MMA math isn't always the greatest but look what Ellenberger did to Jake Shields in 1 round compared to what it took GSP to do in 5 rounds.

tumblr_inline_mf9bxlKFDv1r5g2cp.gif

oh johny.... that's just embarrassing

we all know you're very.... emotional

and clearly you're trying to lash out at those that have made you so very... upset

but please lol, don't embarrass yourself like this. Just stay quiet. It's for the best.

Hendrix has officially crossed over from "don't care about but will enjoy watching compete" to "annoying to the point of wishing his opponents luck".

Hopefully we'll get one of these post fight:

[Yt]4w74h4VyC0E[/MEDIA]

He's absolutely right.

Ellenberger has big power, he can knock you out fast in wild exchanges.

GSP doesn't have that power.....so he has to take Hendricks down for 5 rounds......Hendricks is a 2 time NCAA Div 1 champion, 4 time all american etc etc.

GSP won't actually be able to keep Hendricks down.....and Hendricks can knock him out, really quite easily.

Ellenberger is the harder fight.

You obviously didn't see Johny fight Rick Story. Story clearly outwrestled him and swarmed him against the cage.

He only got 2 out of his 6 TD attempts on Koscheck and got taken down by him.

His wrestling isn't nearly as good as people hype it up to be, sometimes being a great college wrestler doesn't translate into being a great MMA wrestler.

Ellenberger may have big power, but he has a limited gas tank.

Hendricks does not deal well with people who pressure him, and GSP can absolutely do that for 5 rounds without stopping. Outside of the first round, Hendricks becomes far less dangerous as his looping left hands become increasingly slower, less powerful and far more telegraphed (see Kos-Hendricks).

And GSP has kept down great wrestlers before, and he can certainly do it to Hendricks.

Also, with the right footwork, positioning and strategy, Johny cannot knock out GSP "easily". Johny would just spam left hands and takedowns to no avail.

oh johny.... that's just embarrassing

we all know you're very.... emotional

and clearly you're trying to lash out at those that have made you so very... upset

but please lol, don't embarrass yourself like this. Just stay quiet. It's for the best.

Yeah, his shit talking isn't really needed to get the next title shot.
I know he is upset at GSP but he doesn't need to be delusional.

I wanted Jake to win, but I honestly feel bad he didn't get his earned shot so I hope Hendricks pulls it out and finally gets his well earned shot.

You obviously didn't see Johny fight Rick Story. Story clearly outwrestled him and swarmed him against the cage.

He only got 2 out of his 6 TD attempts on Koscheck and got taken down by him.

His wrestling isn't nearly as good as people hype it up to be, sometimes being a great college wrestler doesn't translate into being a great MMA wrestler.

Ellenberger may have big power, but he has a limited gas tank.

Hendricks does not deal well with people who pressure him, and GSP can absolutely do that for 5 rounds without stopping. Outside of the first round, Hendricks becomes far less dangerous as his looping left hands become increasingly slower, less powerful and far more telegraphed (see Kos-Hendricks).

And GSP has kept down great wrestlers before, and he can certainly do it to Hendricks.

Also, with the right footwork, positioning and strategy, Johny cannot knock out GSP "easily". Johny would just spam left hands and takedowns to no avail.

To further back up your point, those 2 TDs Hendricks got lasted about one second each with Kos popping right back up.
I know those are technically TDs, but in reality he never gained top control or any control for that matter. If it was up to me, those TDs wouldn't score points. Josh's takedown actually secured top position and he rode Hendricks out for a while.
Josh's single TD > Hendricks two TDs by far.

Right... I know he's trying to do all he can but come on. Everyone knows GSP will wrassledafuq dat boy.

Back