News Johny Hendricks returns to the UFC this weekend

Just because he was a good wrestler/fighter doesn’t mean he’s a good coach, he might be, but seeing how little he have a shit about his own career makes me doubt he is putting that much into other peoples, especially not that he is a full time cop. Who knows though, maybe he is great.
He became champ at WW and arguably beat the best to ever do it (GSP). It's not like he was Mike Perry or CM Punk.

Must be hard for kevin to adapt to only having the burger and no fries.

Not a fan of Hendricks but even less of a fan of Holland's wrestling
THe point is I think that since his last 2 losses he knew he had to work hard on improving his wrestling so first he went and took coaching under Cormier and then he got wrestling training under Hendricks.

So.... in theory he should be quite a lot better at wrestling now. He basically needs to stop being taken-down and IF he does get taken-down he should have learnt a lot about how to get up quicker / better.
What's worth noting is that Dana and Holland are quite good buddies now and Holland had two wrestling-esque losses in a row so ....what UFC does to a "liked" fighter is they then give them an easier fight to get them back in the Win Column. -- This is what they're doing with Kevin Holland.

Hopefully Holland can learn some good defensive wrestling under Rigg's tutelage
He was a beast of a fighter in his prime

How many hours do people think a wrestling coach spends per week with one fighter?
Maybe 8 or 10? People acting like Hendricks can't coach a guy wrestling and be part of the corner team without quitting his regular job. It's the fighter who's doing this full time, not the coach, and especially not full time 40 hours a week with one guy.

I remember he wouldn’t let an1 touch belt lollllll

Kev's been eating good during this camp, you can bet on that.
348s.jpg

Good for Johnny. Dude is a legend just for KO-ing Fitch. Glad to see him back in mma in some form. I hope to hear him saying between rounds, "does that make sense?" &/or "you know what I'm saying?", directly after giving Holland basic instructions.

As for the fight itself I like it go to the scorecards. Holland has been tough to finish lately & Daukus has never been finshed.

He'll miss weight even though he's just a cornerman.

Back