News Johny Hendricks returns to the UFC this weekend

Just because he was a good wrestler/fighter doesn’t mean he’s a good coach, he might be, but seeing how little he have a shit about his own career makes me doubt he is putting that much into other peoples, especially not that he is a full time cop. Who knows though, maybe he is great.

Well your original comment came across as JH being a random bum that they pulled from the streets and anyone would be out of their mind to use him as a coach, and now you’re saying he “might” be good, so which is it?

Hendricks by all accounts is a solid coach with world class credentials. He had his time in the sun, got older and slower and decided to call it a day. That doesn’t mean he never took his career seriously or wouldn’t take any coaching gig seriously.

As for being a full time cop, well, man’s gotta eat. Chris Dauakaus is also a full time cop and got a KO win at UFC 266 a few days ago.

That's cool to see. I do enjoy seeing retired fighters close to the sport.

Curious how Hendricks is as a coach. He never struck me as the most "technical" fighter, but at his best he really flowed well.

He lost, but there are great fighters who would be shit coaches

Would you want Jon Jones coaching you as a top 10 UFC fighter? Yes Jon was great, but probably wouldn’t be a great coach/corner
Rampage comes to mind. The dude was one of the worst coaches I've seen. Forrest on the other hand was pretty stellar.

Just because he was a good wrestler/fighter doesn’t mean he’s a good coach, he might be, but seeing how little he have a shit about his own career makes me doubt he is putting that much into other peoples, especially not that he is a full time cop. Who knows though, maybe he is great.

maybe he's just the wrestling coach. Hendricks problem isn't a skill thing, it's a discipline thing. now if he was Holland's diet and nutrition coach that would be suspicious.

Well your original comment came across as JH being a random bum that they pulled from the streets and anyone would be out of their mind to use him as a coach, and now you’re saying he “might” be good, so which is it?

Hendricks by all accounts is a solid coach with world class credentials. He had his time in the sun, got older and slower and decided to call it a day. That doesn’t mean he never took his career seriously or wouldn’t take any coaching gig seriously.

As for being a full time cop, well, man’s gotta eat. Chris Dauakaus is also a full time cop and got a KO win at UFC 266 a few days ago.
Maybe it was too harsh of a comment, it’s Sherdog lol. Hendricks is known for mentally falling off a cliff and becoming obese and super lazy. If someone was getting coached by Conor I think it would be fair for people to be a little taken back by that choice considering he’s known for lack of discipline in his own career, it would be kind of weird for him to be super disciplined about helping someone else’s.

Remember when we all posted reviews on yelp about big rigs steak house, closed just after that

Going from UFC champ back to a day job is a very 90s early 2000s thing to do. I'll never get over the fact that Johnny's team was taking 50% of his winnings. Madness. Between that and failed steakhouse, wouldn't be surprised is Johnny has zero left from fighting.

Have the burgers & pizza ready to keep Jonny's strength up.
he's been training Kevin in wrestling, that's what the connection is.

HendricksHolland.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah you can't really know for sure just cos he wasn't disciplined himself,he might be a good coach.
If he couldn’t show the discipline in himself. Why would he be anything but a yes man type of coach considering it would be a part time gig? He may know his shit. But to assume anything great from a hobby coach would be asking a lot.

He lost, but there are great fighters who would be shit coaches

Would you want Jon Jones coaching you as a top 10 UFC fighter? Yes Jon was great, but probably wouldn’t be a great coach/corner
I would disagree there, aside from the massive reach advantage, Jon relied on technique and fight IQ more than raw ability and athleticism.

Back