Johny Hendricks on weight cut, retiremnt and fighting Neil Magny

Will he make weight? Cuz his brain is already showing signs of drought..

Last edited:
Looks like he's very aggravated in this, wouldn't surprise me if he's messing up the weight again and knows he's not making 171 and is venting frustration out about it.

if he cant take criticism about being older saying you never competed, a chef then should come call him out about owning a restaurant he will have no response

Hendricks doesn't seem the same not even mentally.

If he actually lived the proper life of a fighter and didn't blow up to 220 pounds and need to lose 50 of that to make weight and actually stayed disciplined enough to be maybe 30 pounds max he would have a much easier time, still tough but he hasn't helped himself, then when he has to face it he goes on and gives the media shit.

I've always backed Hendricks because he's been one of the more fan friendly style wrestlers in MMA when he was peaking but this interview is horrible.

Last edited:
Johnny says the same fucking things before every fight and then his tune is completely different after the fight.

Johnny is the perfect example of two major things that need to be changed in MMA:

- Cut out the extreme weight cutting
- More weight classes

For him to be in that much discomfort two days before he has to be at his absolute physical best, it just doesn't make sense.

If he's cutting over 20 pounds in less than a week to make his class, and he thinks that's the medias problem, then there's clearly something wrong with his approach to the sport.

And he's already gone back on that retirement shit he was talking about.

Imagine how much fatter Jony would've been if he had 2 n's in his name.

LMAO Ariel got em

"It looks like you're having trouble standing"

Reporter- how are you going to get inside on neil magny who has a significant height and reach advantage over you?

Hendricks- i don't care, how are you going to climb that 1000ft building?
Lol wutt.

interested to see how he does...
Magny is tough test for Jonny

The guys physical and mental state on fight week is horrible, get to around 8:20 minute mark and he's leaning around and is short of breath almost, that says it all.

I like Johnny. Hope he gets out of this funk. He has like 5 mouths to feed not including his own considerable mouth

How can you not like Johny Hendricks?

He's losing his mind. He's challenging the reporters to cut weight lol.

Damn, Johnny is a Muppet in this video.

C0zYE9jWQAAKofd.jpg

Back