Johny Hendricks Has One Pound To Lose, Team Confident He Will Make Weight

go-home-and-be-a-family-man.png

I'm so tempted to shop a burger into Ryu's hands there....

Then move up a weight class einstein. doing your body like that nullifys any advantage you get from the cut.

simple common sense

Yes, move up a weight class to a division where everyone is 5 to 6 inches taller than you, and doing the same thing. That's real smart there "einstein"

Yes, move up a weight class to a division where everyone is 5 to 6 inches taller than you, and doing the same thing. That's real smart there "einstein"

The proper answer is, and will forever be, same day weigh-ins.

I'm concerned if he'll pass the medical after yesterdays media scrum
I would stick money on him pulling out from medical issues, he sounded like he stumbled out a pub and was talking to a stranger having a smoke

Holy shit...

then he just need to stop eating like a fuckin pig and STFU

I'm concerned if he'll pass the medical after yesterdays media scrum
I would stick money on him pulling out from medical issues, he sounded like he stumbled out a pub and was talking to a stranger having a smoke

Holy shit he looks and sounds like shit. He also sounds a little confused.

Wish we could have a Hendricks thread without the same jokes since the GSP fight.

The whole system is ridiculously flawed. Hendricks is by no means the only offender, but certainly one of the most high profile. When the only way you can be competitive in the sport for 99% of athletes is to cut huge (often dangerously so) amounts of weight 24 hours before competing there is a problem.
I agree. There is some merit in shedding a few pounds from your in shape fight weight, five maybe, give or take for which weight class.

But the way Johny looked yesterday is the kind of shit that shouldn't be happening right before a fight.

I really don't think a fighter should be roughly more than five pounds over when they enter the cage.

We all know these guys are slapping another 20 or so before entering.

That's a practice that's needs to end.

You media guys don't get what Johny has to go through each and every fight. You think you do, because you hang around him, but you don't. Nevermind the fact he is voluntarily subjecting himself to the horrors of weight-cutting, just stop judging and go cut 20 pounds yourself for no reason whatsoever, so that you too can finally understand his pain.
Or fight at whatever you walk around at.

He missed by a quarter of a pound last time. I wouldn't say he's safe at this point.

Just have him empty his pockets I'm sure he's got a few snacks stashed away

This would be a better sport if people had to weigh in right before they put their mouth guard in and walked into the cage.

<{cum@me}>

Back