Johnson vs Jury from UFC 155

KJGould

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Johnson looked terrible. Jury took him down at will and dominated him positionally, even going for his back when he wanted and just beating him up for 3 rounds.

Jury looks like one to keep an eye on, and trains out of Alliance.

I was surprised at Johnson's lack of fundamentals from bottom as far as defense, escapes, and positioning. I would think that Sperry would have his guys coached better than that. I figure maybe he's just not used to being there, or maybe Jury is that good.

Johnson looked awful. Not sure what the story is.

Johnson looked terrible. Jury took him down at will and dominated him positionally, even going for his back when he wanted and just beating him up for 3 rounds.

Jury looks like one to keep an eye on, and trains out of Alliance.

Was waiting for someone to make a thread about this in f12, my god he looked like a 2 month white belt out there. I saw a lot of space Jury left open, many opportunities to recover. I know it's easy to talk from the couch but he seemed either lost or content to be on his back and lose.

well i think Johnson breaks down against wrestlers in general and just got lucky against castillo

Johnson exposed and
the blackzilians are 0-2

Johnstone durability cost him here. He was too happy taking shots rather than having the sense of urgency to get back up. Poor performance.

As much as I like Mario Sperry, I haven't been impressed with the Blackzilians at all. Though Melvin did seem more controlled that I've ever seen him.

As much as I like Mario Sperry, I haven't been impressed with the Blackzilians at all. Though Melvin did seem more controlled that I've ever seen him.

Sometimes, some fighters are just difficult to work with an coach.

Mario sperry can only do what he can as a coach. Back then when he co owned btt, he could pick and choose who he trained and who fought.

Sometimes, some fighters are just difficult to work with an coach.

True. A lot of the fighters in that camp have moved around quite a bit. Many of them are there in an attempt to revitalize their careers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back