Johnny Walker says he waited too much in loss to Corey Anderson at UFC 244

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

Speaking to TMZ, Walker chalked up the loss due to being too tentative.

“Just one little mistake, I hold too much myself,” Walker said. “I wait too much, I think too much. It’s not going to happen again. It’s not lose, just one lesson, and then I learn.”

Walker, who has fought three times in 2019, says he didn’t suffer too much damage, and hopes to make a quick turnaround, appearing again early next year.

“I have 45 days just because my eyes, but my eye’s OK, so I’ll be back maybe in January or February,” Walker said.

He'll be back, probably crack the top 5 at best. But he'll never be champion. Well if Jones is still there, who can be champion really besides him?

Hopefully he adjusts well. I'd still like to see him earn a title shot, maybe a rematch one day.

Not-inside-his-head Walker will unleash his anger on the LHW division in 2020.

Then join the pantheon of MMA greats, slotted between motivated BJ and sea-level Cain

I don't think fighters attributing losses to "I think too much" is gonna make it to the champion-level. Those are usually the ones who rely on "natural gifts" alone, and it's simply not enough.

Take Jon Jones. As much of a fuck up he has been outside of the Octagon, you can't deny that he's very calculated when it comes to fighting.

I think it isn't fair to count him out because of one loss. He has potential to be great. He may not be someone who can beat Jones but there aren't really many fighters who can.

He should learn more defensive fundamentals. He has the skills to be at the top, but there's enough tape on him at this point. Anderson didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Just straight fundamentals: hands up, head on a swivel, tight punches, level changes, etc. If Walker wants to make it far, he needs a bit more discipline.

He's alright, he will bounce back and still fight for the belt soon. His wild style is a recipe for disaster for all others even jon. He got caught but was never out, he might have survived if the ref didn't step in.

As is often the case, his next fight will tell us a lot.

I'd like to see him fight against Rakic next.

Not letting go like usual and his hands were so low and chin straight up in the air, thats a recipe for a disaster. Even a wrestler like Corey who is very stiff and uncoordinated in the striking can hurt you badly if you just have your chin straight up and hands down, any adult male would hurt you, even untrained ones. Its naive and not smart at all.

He will be back and still is fun to watch, but I can't see him being a threat to Jones at all, Jones fight IQ is on another planet

Unfortunately there is no cure for Overeemism, but on a positive note Alistair was an unwarranted guard jump away from the title. But let’s be real Stipe isn’t Jonny Bones, and 205 is like a demolition derby with one car, the rest of the lot are pushing shopping carts
<JonesLaugh>

I disagree with Wallker. I think his focus on what exciting thing he could do offensively overshadowed his awareness on defense.

he was saying before the fight how he wanted this to go to a decision on purpose. I lost faith in mr walker. he will bring a lot more exciting knock outs to the division but there is something off there mentally and i think it will be his downfall.

Give him a shot at the title!
No more waiting <Kpop775>

Back