Johnny Walker headed to Tristar, blames loss to Corey Anderson on former coach

"Whats Johnny Walker gonna do to become the best Johnny Walker..?" --- "Well he can start by getting a decent hair cut!!!!!"

That’s a real bad look...blaming others for a loss.
Take it like a man, accept you did something wrong and move forward.
Hope Walker learned from that last fight and stops trying to blame the guy holding his pads.

Tristar ressurecting fighters careers in 2019 and 2020.

Kevin Lee 2.0
AcrobaticSimilarAfricanrockpython-size_restricted.gif

And now Johnny Walker 2.0

:meow:

Firas Wasabi & GSP bless
Holy goddamn that KO was nasty.

Just a picture perfect combo.

<{JustBleed}>

That's great, I'm sure gyms are lining up to take a guy in who will throw you under the bus after a loss

Yes it was your coach good on you for changing I'm sure that will solve all your problem.

Lmao blames loss on coach holding pads wrong not his lack of chin defense or IQ, what a goof.

Why is it so hard these days for fighters to accept responsibility? Corey worked you.
Yeah, he should have just admitted that he sucks and could never beat Corey in a million years. Self Belief is stupid.

Probably a good move. He's only 27 and has a shit ton of talent (not as young as erik Silva though). He just needs to work on his head movement and avoid taking the big shots.

Great fighter, awful chin.

Another Overeem in the make

”I don’t accept this loss because I can beat him,” Walker said. “I know that. But I had a little problem during the fight, fight week as well, before the fight some stress with my team. So I learned a lot and it’s not going to happen again.”

”I don’t train with my old coach any more because the problem is with him,” he continued. “During fight week he stressed me out twice and before the fight he almost hurt my shoulder because he don’t know how to hold the pad properly. We don’t match too well on fight week. For a long time I start having these, you know, because we live together, about respect as well. Somethings are not getting met. So now I have no coach and I’m trying to go to Tristar and look for a new coach and new experience and new guys. And I’m ready to restart again.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Johnny needs to work on fundamentals, as flashy as someone can be, basic defensive boxing, head movement and decent to combos are very important to be a solid top 10 .

His striking defense is shit, big giant moves to avoid punches, then he gets caught anyway. There isn't a chance in hell he'll have cardio in the 3rd with that technique.

Tristar is a good move for a guy like him. Firas will calm him down and get him to fight more intelligently.

so he lost because he almost had a hurt shoulder?

what kind of excuse is that?

Where the hell is the book of excuses?

Wow, horrible excuses and throwing his former coach under the bus hard.

Probably a good move. He's only 27 and has a shit ton of talent (not as young as erik Silva though). He just needs to work on his head movement and avoid taking the big shots.
It's the price he pays for his style. If you you are highly aggressive and throw unorthodox shots you're going to walk into something that turns your lights out every now and then. He's been KO'd 3 times already. I can't see how it's a coaches fault or why changing coaches will better him unless he fights with a little more attentiveness.

Tristar Walker sounds like it could be the name of a Jedi. Welcome MMA’s next mythical fighter.

does tristar have many LHW's training there?

Back