Johnny Walker headed to Tristar, blames loss to Corey Anderson on former coach

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

”I don’t accept this loss because I can beat him,” Walker said. “I know that. But I had a little problem during the fight, fight week as well, before the fight some stress with my team. So I learned a lot and it’s not going to happen again.”

”I don’t train with my old coach any more because the problem is with him,” he continued. “During fight week he stressed me out twice and before the fight he almost hurt my shoulder because he don’t know how to hold the pad properly. We don’t match too well on fight week. For a long time I start having these, you know, because we live together, about respect as well. Somethings are not getting met. So now I have no coach and I’m trying to go to Tristar and look for a new coach and new experience and new guys. And I’m ready to restart again.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Southampton's biggest loss since Harry Redknapp was last in charge.

Why is it so hard these days for fighters to accept responsibility? Corey worked you.

Probably a good move. He's only 27 and has a shit ton of talent (not as young as erik Silva though). He just needs to work on his head movement and avoid taking the big shots.

Tristar ressurecting fighters careers in 2019 and 2020.

Kevin Lee 2.0
AcrobaticSimilarAfricanrockpython-size_restricted.gif

And now Johnny Walker 2.0

:meow:

Firas Wasabi & GSP bless

No amount of training is going to fix that glass chin, boy.

I love me some Johnny Walker but throwing the coach who got you to UFC level under the bus is a bitch move.

Guy not going far, when holding the pads wrong, is decisive for his loss

Last edited:
Fighter Kevin Lee about to drop that Chinese wisdom on this goof

Last edited:
Worked for kevin. Lets see how he comes back Krylov got a solid chin and striking perfect test.

Good for him, I hope this is more fitting for him.

First lesson from Firas: Take responsibility

Did he credit them for the wins he had prior?

Unnaccountable people may be my biggest pet peave of all

smart move, walker needs to play it safe now, he can't risk getting caught again, needs to take everyone down and ground and pound using his length from top and elbows. people will say its boring but this is the transformation that will optimize his chance to win. he will have to ignore all the people hating this new style but those people only want to watch him get knocked out in awesome fashion again, like the time he went out like 3 times, possibly the greatest KO sequence ever.

”I don’t accept this loss because I can beat him,” Walker said. “I know that. But I had a little problem during the fight, fight week as well, before the fight some stress with my team. So I learned a lot and it’s not going to happen again.”

”I don’t train with my old coach any more because the problem is with him,” he continued. “During fight week he stressed me out twice and before the fight he almost hurt my shoulder because he don’t know how to hold the pad properly. We don’t match too well on fight week. For a long time I start having these, you know, because we live together, about respect as well. Somethings are not getting met. So now I have no coach and I’m trying to go to Tristar and look for a new coach and new experience and new guys. And I’m ready to restart again.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I dislike fighters who blame their losses on their coaches who brought them up. Disloyal af.

Also, it wasn't his fault at all. He just got caught, and if you ask me, that was a poor stoppage.

Firas is over-rated as a coach anyways. Reminds me of Greg Jackson in his heyday, and look what happened to him.

Back