Johnny Walker does not have the will to continue - Did Corey steal his soul?

Johnny Walker Claims He No Longer Has The Motivation To Fight

The 5 stages and of grief and loss:

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

It appears Walker is in stage 4.

Can we expect stage 5 within a month or so? Followed up quickly by a demand for an immediate title shot with Jon Jones?

https://www.lowkickmma.com/johnny-w...5G5vGlNa8BoMWSr_J6m9e-716j5Sw65OGzM3k2AFOzB3M
It's called being met with the reality that you aren't as good as you thought you were. Now, his reality in his mind that he'll never be the greatest and basically just wants to give up because of it.

That's all I am really seeing.

Had he won, I bet he would have been all about that "I am the best, I am motivated and nothing can stop me" attitude.

Na, he's basically blaming his loss on his camp if you read the article.

Walker was getting those nam flashbacks after corey rocked him.

And that is why you have you wait and see with any fighter. Wait for them to be pushed and tested against Elite fighters before you crown them. What does he have inside? Not much looks like..

He'll be fine. He'll be back. Hard to be motivated to fight right after you get your ass kicked in one.

Last edited:
everyone who said this doofus would beat Jones should be publicly shamed forever

He needed that reality check
The guy was showboating like Anderson Silva on his defense streak.
More focus less arrogance and he will be fine.

Fake news. From the interview:

He hopes time in Brazil will get him motivated again and says he wants to fight again in early 2020. He already has an opponent in mind, too.

“I want the winner of Shogun Rua and Paul Craig at UFC Sao Paulo. I’ll be at the event to watch it and I want to fight the winner,” he said.

Even though he suffered a loss, Walker is still confident and knows he is coming for Jon Jones and the title in the future.

“I’m 27, I am young and hungry. I need two more wins then I’ll be back in the same place I am now. Two or three more wins and I can challenge Jones,” he said. “I want to fight soon, maybe January, February. I have no injury just want to go to Brazil to see my family, recharge my energy and come back strong again.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...on-to-fight-i-was-sad-with-a-lot-of-problems/

Sounds like he is optimistic, tired of training in Russia/Thailand lol.

Can't blame him, why would you?

At least he's learned his lesson before facing the elite fighters of the division.Besides,he's still relatively young.

He fought five times in 2018 and had already fought twice this year before facing Anderson. It's been a fast rise for him, he should take some time to get things together before coming back.

Pretty sure he just hasn't mastered tenses in English. Sounds like these were issues leading into and during the fight, not an issue of motivation going forward.

Fake news. From the interview:

He hopes time in Brazil will get him motivated again and says he wants to fight again in early 2020. He already has an opponent in mind, too.

“I want the winner of Shogun Rua and Paul Craig at UFC Sao Paulo. I’ll be at the event to watch it and I want to fight the winner,” he said.

Even though he suffered a loss, Walker is still confident and knows he is coming for Jon Jones and the title in the future.

“I’m 27, I am young and hungry. I need two more wins then I’ll be back in the same place I am now. Two or three more wins and I can challenge Jones,” he said. “I want to fight soon, maybe January, February. I have no injury just want to go to Brazil to see my family, recharge my energy and come back strong again.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...on-to-fight-i-was-sad-with-a-lot-of-problems/
Calling out shogun for the year 2020 isn’t exactly the benchmark for a motivated contender though

sounds like he just wants a KO over a shot name

It seems strange to me that a Brazilian moved to the UK and to Thailand to live/train..... maybe he should have just stayed in Brazil.

According to Colby, Brazil is an unpleasant place inhabited by unpleasant people and as such JW fled to the UK and Thailand.

Back