Johnny Lawrence on jujitsu and mma being cheap karate knock offs!

It’s professor, not master! Johnny would of waxed that ass.

great show, by the way

True regarding the fight. Johnny knew he would owned since he did beat up larussos employee in the car dealership in front of everyone but pussed out here despite the fact that it's a mutual fight.

He just didn't wanna go to jail bro. That's completely understandable. Cops will arrest you for that even if it's a mutual fight

He just didn't wanna go to jail bro. That's completely understandable. Cops will arrest you for that even if it's a mutual fight

Yeah but he assaulted Anoush who is a car salesmen and not a fighter who can stand up to Johnny. So based on that we can conclude that Johnny doesn't like fighting people who can fight back. Don't get me wrong, he would have fought the Jujitsu fighter but he saw an opportunity to back out and he took it in a literal hurry.

Its a matter of mentality and body language, he was rough and rude with the car salesmen but was hesitant against Todd.

Btw if anybody here hasn't seen Cobra Kai......watch it! It's fantastic!

I was shocked this show turned out as good as it did. It's so much better than I expected.

Yeah but he assaulted Anoush who is a car salesmen and not a fighter who can stand up to Johnny. So based on that we can conclude that Johnny doesn't like fighting people who can fight back. Don't get me wrong, he would have fought the Jujitsu fighter but he saw an opportunity to back out and he took it in a literal hurry.

Its a matter of mentality and body language, he was rough and rude with the car salesmen but was hesitant against Todd.

This is Johnny Lawrence you're talking about. JOHNNY LAWRENCE!

He doesn't back out of fights because he's afraid he'll lose!

This is Johnny Lawrence you're talking about. JOHNNY LAWRENCE!

He doesn't back out of fights because he's afraid he'll lose!

Johnny is an interesting character, he tries to be brave and masculine but he also has a good heart but his training and ideas are conflicting.

Its like Mr. Miaygis:

I think what Mr.Miaygi means is that you have to be all in with your conviction. Johnny is karate so-so while Kreese and Miyagi stay on the left and right side because that's their conviction for better or worse.

Both Machida and Wonderboy are nice guys. There aren't heels. They won't make more damage than deserved.
Machida was def a heel when he was on his run. People just absolutlety couldnt believe no one could hit this karate guy. His style absolutley made people insanely angry. Very upset!

Master Terry Silver’s Quick Silver technique is better than BJJ.

If a man can’t stand, he can’t fight.
If a man can’t see, he can’t fight.
If a man can’t breathe, he can’t fight.
source.gif

stomp-or-oblique-kick.gif

The martial arts choreographer for Karate Kid was Pat Johnson, who learned Tang Soo Do in the Army. After leaving the Army, Pat met Chuck Norris, and eventually formed an association with Norris, which later became the UFAF.

In the mid 80s, Johnson split from the UFAF. This was around the time Norris met the Gracies. I wonder if Chuck learning jiu jitsu had something to do with that, but that is just me speculating.

Jiu jitsu is good, undeniable. MMA has shown that karate has it's place as well, from Machidas traditional karate style, to Wonderboy Thomson's more modern style. Hell, Paul Felder got his start in Tae Kwon Do, and later got into muay Thai.

I hate style vs style bs. If you choose to limit yourself on the ways you're going to fight, I really feel for you. To me, martial arts is about being able to fight, unarmed and armed. This includes gun-fu. In places without guns, you'll have bludgeons and edged weapons.

Have to know how to deescalate as well, and maintain distance, so if you have to "pull the trigger" so to speak, you have the gift of time.

But yeah, style vs style is bs. Unless it's that Yellow Bamboo shit. That is worthless lol

The show is cheesy as hell and I love every second of it.

Back