Johnny Eduardo suspended 30 days

Jagger Cyde

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if there has been a thread on this yet but Johnny Eduardo got suspended 30 days for "unsportsmanlike conduct " which was throwing his mouthpiece into the stands. What the fuck is up with that?

Source? I cant help but think theres more to it than a thrown gumsheild.

Doesn't really matter anyway. It's not like he was going to fight any time in the next month.

I saw it mentioned somewhere, it's a pretty meaningless suspension in reality.

Someone thought it might be an Ohio thing, someone also mentioned Anderson might have done it against Rich also?

That's some BS. Who wouldn't want a used Johnny Eduardo mouthpiece?

Too bad, probably made for a gross souvenir for some lucky fan. I remember when the guy who grabbed Struve's bloody mouthpiece after the Morecraft fight posted on here. He was glad to have it.

It is kinda disgusting if you think about it. Youre there with your buddies or your gf and get hit in the head with his slimy mouthguard. Awesome. Its not really a great piece of memorabilia.

God, I've seen that more times than I can count. He must feel screwed.

It is kinda disgusting if you think about it. Youre there with your buddies or your gf and get hit in the head with his slimy mouthguard. Awesome. Its not really a great piece of memorabilia.
You have an active imagination. Dont go to a fighting event if you dont want to see some semi-traumatic shit.

Doesn't really matter anyway. It's not like he was going to fight any time in the next month.

I agree, seems more like a warning not to do it again more than any sort of proper discipline. Still, I actually think many fans would have treasured that mouthguard, so while it is kind of gross, I don't know that it needs to be discouraged.

So, unknown to the fans...
Chris Weidman was suspended for 30 days after his UFC 162 victory over Silva?

Guess it's not unsportsmanlike to knock Silva out then?

Anyone else read this? Eduardo apparently knocked himself out

Earlier today the Ohio State Athletic Commission released the full results, including suspensions for all the athletes that competed at UFC Fight Night 45.

All the suspensions given were medical and precautionary, with the glaring exception of bantamweight fighter Johhny Eduardo, who was shelfed for thirty days for throwing his mouthpiece into the crowd.

Eduardo scored a first round knockout of Johnny Eduardo and likely would not fight in the next thirty days, but the suspension is the first time we've seen this from an athletic commission.

I wouldn't want a sloppy mouthpiece in my face, but yeah. Not like he's gonna fight in the next 30 days anyway, who gives a fuck.

God, I've seen that more times than I can count. He must feel screwed.

But why? He just can't compete on an event for 30 days, and guess what? He wouldn't anyway, suspension or not. I don't really think he cares.

Back