Johnny Depp forced to exit Fantastic Beasts

Hah, it's just that thing we do because I do understand FANTASTIC BEASTS is harder to access because of the characters and Rowling's inexperience at screenplays.

I prefer FB but that's mostly due to my relative antipathy for HP; back then everyone around me was too much of a HP fan/pusher.

Plus I didn't really appreciate that Harry's perspective was limited, and that much of the (war) mythos occurred outside his scope of understanding -- therefore outside our field of vision. We don't get to see the good stuff.

HARRY POTTER is all about growing up, so it's fair and stylish to recreate that mood within the narrative -- this works a charm in prose. As a film adaptation, I lose interest because I cannot escape Harry's limited view and I'm not presented with the things I'd rather be watching than a kid fumbling his way through his own fingers.

I think PRISONER OF AZKABAN is the best example of HP's cinema; and Yate's has gotten better and better as time goes on.

Yeah, looks like we have the same fav from HP. Azkaban struck the perfect balance between kid & adult (the tough to nail elixir spell Spielberg mastered). Plus it had that extra special Gary Oldman pinch hitter touch.

Though I do Love the series as a whole, & particularly appreciate the balls they had in how dark it got as it went on & ended.

I saw FB in the theater all excited, halfway through I wanted to Slittus Myawristicas. Maybe I need to give it another try sometime.

Hmm. Spit-balling:

Libel means someone lied about everything, misrepresented the facts. While Heard acted criminally it's arguable that Depp, whether intoxicated or not, stayed in a situation he should have vacated and thereby contributed to the overall situation that led to the defamation of his career. He didn't help himself soon enough, and maybe being drunk isn't regarded as a good enough excuse.

fd77ae7c-b0a6-4826-96a7-0b5c71ed43bf_text_hi.gif

I would gather libel cases are difficult; it was probably meant to be a moral victory to win the libel case, but when you're equating a dollar figure it makes a judgment harder to render because then the dollar figure falls under scrutiny. Yes, she's a bitch but is she a MILLION DOLLAR bitch?

I could understand that as far as not winning the libel suit. But for the Judge to condemn him like that? Thats what Im wondering about.

I hear she counter sued him for £100,000,000.

He’s gonna feel that.

Next Nic Cage methinks.

Yeah, looks like we have the same fav from HP. Azkaban struck the perfect balance between kid & adult (the tough to nail elixir spell Spielberg mastered). Plus it had that extra special Gary Oldman pinch hitter touch.

Though I do Love the series as a whole, & particularly appreciate the balls they had in how dark it got as it went on & ended.
I really like David Wenham in it. That map is the tits, too. One of the things I kinda have a love/hate relationship is how easy it is to overlook what a stellar cast is attached, and how easily and naturally they've performed. There isn't a false note amongst the actors, and even the kids are depicted well.

Mexicans, they are really good at putting children in danger (see GDT).
I saw FB in the theater all excited, halfway through I wanted to Slittus Myawristicas. Maybe I need to give it another try sometime.
I'd probably wait till I could binge maybe three, or four. Two is gorgeous but the story is nearly unintelligible.

There's six installments planned and by the looks of things the next four are going to different from the first two. In some ways, that's the same road HP took. The Chris Columbus opening is presented more as a storybook, and then Cuaron came in a breathed life into how the narration went forward. More brooding, more teenagery. It only intensified from there.

All the dark at the end of HP is in full-effect for FB. These people definitely went to the same school Harry Rowling did. But there isn't a clear thing -- like HP's school schedule -- that audiences can anchor onto -- so it's not the easiest narrative to follow. What can I say? I'm a 3D mark, so this shit was made for me.
I could understand that as far as not winning the libel suit. But for the Judge to condemn him like that? Thats what Im wondering about.
Condemnation?

I didn't read into it, but what level are we talking about here? 1-10: one being calm and cool and collected and ten being a gavel-banging ultra-zealot? If it's just "Hey you made this bed, too, Johnny," then I feel stiff parting words are sort of common when it comes to civil trials, because basically the citizen is tattling and calling in mommy to solve problems.

1T7OCLzotytKZKCW6jGrIebAT9TTgCnzlFVyLTfsvWIprbnIKm810vgTLTYYpdKQe6gwCMierTfexq9oqKHyLFlfVgrElSla00VxEJSCjt2Toh9j3l4OBE30A40

She's a knockout in more ways than one.

Last edited:
Jesus, who resurrected this fossil? Anyway, my position still stands. I don’t give a shit about Hollywood celebrity relationships. Because I’m not a 45 year old housewife.

That sucks for him. Depp is a bit of a shit show, but I believe he’s innocent here.

I wonder if he had left well enough alone with the litigation if this would have eventually just blown over and he would have been able to keep this gig.

That sucks for him. Depp is a bit of a shit show, but I believe he’s innocent here.

I wonder if he had left well enough alone with the litigation if this would have eventually just blown over and he would have been able to keep this gig.
This post is the equivalent of Al Baghdadi denouncing the beheading of the french teacher because of a muhammad cartoon.

This post is the equivalent of Al Baghdadi denouncing the beheading of the french teacher because of a muhammad cartoon.

16170097.jpg

You must have me confused with someone else. I’ve never once suggested Depp was guilty at any time in the past in this situation, nor have I ever been a proponent of #metoo or #believeallwomen or anything like that, so I’m very confused by whatever you’re suggesting here.

Amber really did a number on Johnny.

johnny is a saint and did nothing wrong.

16170097.jpg

You must have me confused with someone else. I’ve never once suggested Depp was guilty at any time in the past in this situation, nor have I ever been a proponent of #metoo or #believeallwomen or anything like that, so I’m very confused by whatever you’re suggesting here.
Taking a dig at your former divorce lawyer path.

Back