Johnny Depp forced to exit Fantastic Beasts

Man.. this guy looks like he should be living under a bridge somewhere. Just gross looking now.

I'm sure some parents watch it with their kids but I was inquiring if adults (without kids) would watch it on their own.
What specifically makes this more for adults? I don't get the impression their is tons of violence or nudity.

No just the characters are all adults and it’s more romantic and a little more sexual but not much.

I'd like to know what, specifically, convinced the judge of Depp's guilt while simultaneously absolving Heard of the accusations.

If you told me they were both violent and dysfunctional, ok. I buy it. But from what I saw Depp had a much stronger case for his claims than Heard. What you did have was all this evidence, which is really inarguable, that Depp has a huge issue with drugs. However, that doesn't make him guilty of violence. From what I saw, all the evidence of his violent behavior was weak. Whereas his claims against Heard were strengthened by her own words on the recordings. Really weird case all around. Interested in hearing about the appeal.

Seems like the evidence presented from both parties gives a best case scenario for Heard that they're both violent and dysfunctional. But somehow she isn't liable for her actions while Depp is.
My stance on it too. If I was forced to stick my neck out I'd say there was probably violence from both of them, but her with holding his medicine to kick his addiction, putting make up on to fake bruises and take photos and the whole bed thing...she's an animal.

And yeah he recorded her saying she was going to lie about it and the courts would always side with the woman.

I'm sure some parents watch it with their kids but I was inquiring if adults (without kids) would watch it on their own.
What specifically makes this more for adults? I don't get the impression their is tons of violence or nudity.
Because the first Harry Potter movie was released over 20 years ago? That would make a 10 yr old child who saw the firet movie around 30.

Because the first Harry Potter movie was released over 20 years ago? That would make a 10 yr old child who saw the firet movie around 30.
You didn't like anything as a kid that you aren't interested in as an adult?

I'd like to know what, specifically, convinced the judge of Depp's guilt while simultaneously absolving Heard of the accusations.

If you told me they were both violent and dysfunctional, ok. I buy it. But from what I saw Depp had a much stronger case for his claims than Heard. What you did have was all this evidence, which is really inarguable, that Depp has a huge issue with drugs. However, that doesn't make him guilty of violence. From what I saw, all the evidence of his violent behavior was weak. Whereas his claims against Heard were strengthened by her own words on the recordings. Really weird case all around. Interested in hearing about the appeal.

Seems like the evidence presented from both parties gives a best case scenario for Heard that they're both violent and dysfunctional. But somehow she isn't liable for her actions while Depp is.
Hmm. Spit-balling:

Libel means someone lied about everything, misrepresented the facts. While Heard acted criminally it's arguable that Depp, whether intoxicated or not, stayed in a situation he should have vacated and thereby contributed to the overall situation that led to the defamation of his career. He didn't help himself soon enough, and maybe being drunk isn't regarded as a good enough excuse.

fd77ae7c-b0a6-4826-96a7-0b5c71ed43bf_text_hi.gif

I would gather libel cases are difficult; it was probably meant to be a moral victory to win the libel case, but when you're equating a dollar figure it makes a judgment harder to render because then the dollar figure falls under scrutiny. Yes, she's a bitch but is she a MILLION DOLLAR bitch?

If it was a quality franchise like the Harry Potter series, I’d feel bad for him, but this one sucks ass anyway. Go do something better with that talent Johnny.

If it was a quality franchise like the Harry Potter series, I’d feel bad for him, but this one sucks ass anyway. Go do something better with that talent Johnny.
You might want to get tested since your taste seems fucked.

His relationship soured with one of the hottest women on earth and now he lost a part in another mega-franchise, one of the many he's been a part of for the last few decades, making him unbelievably wealthy and famous. He'll probably retire to his private island for a bit.

Get some real problems, Depp.

Which half do you disagree with? Or both? Loved HP, but found FB to be BS
Hah, it's just that thing we do because I do understand FANTASTIC BEASTS is harder to access because of the characters and Rowling's inexperience at screenplays.

I prefer FB but that's mostly due to my relative antipathy for HP; back then everyone around me was too much of a HP fan/pusher.

Plus I didn't really appreciate that Harry's perspective was limited, and that much of the (war) mythos occurred outside his scope of understanding -- therefore outside our field of vision. We don't get to see the good stuff.

HARRY POTTER is all about growing up, so it's fair and stylish to recreate that mood within the narrative -- this works a charm in prose. As a film adaptation, I lose interest because I cannot escape Harry's limited view and I'm not presented with the things I'd rather be watching than a kid fumbling his way through his own fingers.

I think PRISONER OF AZKABAN is the best example of HP's cinema; and Yate's has gotten better and better as time goes on.

Well that is what you get for trusting amber turd.

Back