JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3 - PARABELLUM (New Trailer Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: January 17, 2019

First Trailer for JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3 - PARABELLUM Starring Keanu Reeves

Update: September 14, 2017

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER THREE Officially Gets May 17, 2019 Release Date

9nxEDlA.jpg

John Wick: Chapter Three officially has a release date. Lionsgate will release Summit's third installment of the Keanu Reeves shooter franchise on May 17, 2019. It is the film series' first summer release. No plot details have yet been unveiled for the upcoming threequel.

John Wick: Chapter Three is currently the only studio project with that release date. Earlier that month, Disney will unveil a new Avengers movie and Sony's TriStar will release its adaptation of The Rosie Project, while Disney's Aladdin reimagining and Warner Bros.' Minecraft will be released afterward.

Following the eponymous Wick, the R-rated action series stars Reeves as a no-holds-barred ex-hitman who comes out of retirement to get retribution on gangsters who took away everything he loved. Chapter 2 found Wick fighting off bounty hunters seeking the large prize placed on his head.

Directed by David Leitch and Chad Stahelski, John Wick debuted in October 2014 and grossed $88 million worldwide. The sequel, helmed by Stahelski, grossed $171 million globally upon its release in February of this year.

Screenwriter Derek Kolstad, who wrote the first two films, will return to pen the third installment.

'John Wick: Chapter Three' Gets May 17, 2019 Release Date with Scribe Derek Kolstad Returning

I enjoyed both movies and hope the 3rd will be just as good even if not better.

I feel the second one was a tad to heavy on the gun action needed a little more meat on the bone for my liking.

But I do love me them action movies with Keanu Reeves I saw them all and he really has a good fit with them.. even lesser one like Street Kings vibes well with me.

I really enjoyed the first one but I've tried watching the second one like 3 times now, I get 15 minutes into it then get bored.

I really enjoyed the first one but I've tried watching the second one like 3 times now, I get 15 minutes into it then get bored.

15 minutes? Dude, you're missing out big time.

15 minutes? Dude, you're missing out big time.

Yeah probably but I keep getting to the bit where he gets hit by a car going full speed and just shakes it off and starts fist fighting dudes with guns, ruins the illusion.

The first film (other than the stupid fist fight in the rain scene) at least felt feasible.

Coolio. I'll watch it. People kept telling me 2 was better than 1. Didn't believe it. But then I watched it. They were right. Definitely enjoyed 2 more than 1.

I just watched the first two movies a few weeks back after multiple people bugged me to check them out.

1st movie is as close to a 10/10 movie for me as it gets. I enjoyed EVERYTHING about the movie. The way the organization works, the currency, Wick's story/back story, cars, guns, fights, gun-fights, EVERYTHING was top notch. Keanu fit this role to a T, was great.

2nd movie was good. Gave it an 8/10 or so. Intro movies when done right, can NEVER be touched by a sequel IMO, because getting introduced to the universe is FAR cooler than already being in it for me (looking at your Ironman 1, best movie of all time that started the Marvel fiasco).

Eagerly awaiting the third. Should be stellar if they stick to the same formula.

Screenwriter Derek Kolstad, who wrote the first two films, will return to pen the third installment.

This is crucial.

There's a curse of 3rd movies in trilogies sucking, and the only exception I can think of is LOTR:ROTK.

The pressure is on to live up to the expections fans have to continue the best action movie ending in a very long while. It was almost The Dark Knight-esque.

Good to hear the studio is sticking with the same writer, who I bet is getting alot more in compensation since the first two movies have been hits.

There's a curse of 3rd movies in trilogies sucking, and the only exception I can think of is LOTR:ROTK.
Captain America: Civil War is also one of those rare 3rd movies that's very good. I think you'll agree with me on this.

I went into Civil War with zero expectations. If it was overhyped, then I'd say it was overhyped, and it's earned every bit of the hype it's recieved.

It's in the Top 10 comic book movies of all time, maybe Top 5.

Captain America: Civil War is also one of those rare 3rd movies that's very good. I think you'll agree with me on this.

Yeah, but was it really Captain America 3, or Avengers 2.5?

And you have a damn good memory to remember that post from a year and a half ago. :D

Your not really missing out. Second one is ok at best. I'm actually kind of surprised how highly Dragonlord rated this. It was a standard B level action flick in my opinion.

Update: September 14, 2017

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER THREE Officially Gets May 17, 2019 Release Date

96uwIiS.jpg

John Wick: Chapter Three officially has a release date.

Lionsgate will release Summit's third installment of the Keanu Reeves shooter franchise on May 17, 2019. It is the film series' first summer release. No plot details have yet been unveiled for the upcoming threequel.

John Wick: Chapter Three is currently the only studio project with that release date. Earlier that month, Disney will unveil a new Avengers movie and Sony's TriStar will release its adaptation of The Rosie Project, while Disney's Aladdin reimagining and Warner Bros.' Minecraft will be released afterward.

Following the eponymous Wick, the R-rated action series stars Reeves as a no-holds-barred ex-hitman who comes out of retirement to get retribution on gangsters who took away everything he loved. Chapter 2 found Wick fighting off bounty hunters seeking the large prize placed on his head.

Directed by David Leitch and Chad Stahelski, John Wick debuted in October 2014 and grossed $88 million worldwide. The sequel, helmed by Stahelski, grossed $171 million globally upon its release in February of this year.

'John Wick: Chapter Three' Gets May 17, 2019 Release Date

Sick,

As mentioned hopefully instead of relying heavily on guns, it be nice to see more killing via hand to hand combat.

First flick > second flick, but I enjoyed them both.

The opening however long of #2, where Wick's basically resolving issues with the car, was fucking awful.

The potential for the third film is off the charts. If it lives up to it even a little bit we're gonna have a fantastic movie on our hands.

I just wish this was coming out in 2018 instead of making us wait all the way to 2019.

The potential for the third film is off the charts. If it lives up to it even a little bit we're gonna have a fantastic movie on our hands.

I just wish this was coming out in 2018 instead of making us wait all the way to 2019.

Eh, if Chapter 3 manages to top the first two the wait will be worth it, IMO.

Sick,

As mentioned hopefully instead of relying heavily on guns, it be nice to see more killing via hand to hand combat.

Would love to see some really lengthy knife fighting scenes.

Would love to see some really lengthy knife fighting scenes.

yea less gun action this time.

i hope they don't overdue to it. hand to hand & weapons would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back