John Morgan reports UFC 207 trending to possibly break ppv record

Yeah, I'm sure lol

UFC is good at what they do. They always say the next biggest fight is breaking all the records.

10j6mg.jpg

You all realize he wasn't told this by the UFC?

"Trending" means that he's using social media analytics to make this prediction.

im not surprised motherfuckers

every time Ronda didnt do anything there was buzz

"omg Ronda's not doing media, let's talk about it"

Just for the record, it definitely won't break records, Friday PPV ruined any chances of that.

HIGHLY unlikely. Conor is a bigger draw, and this is on a Friday. If this does $1M you'd have to consider it a tremendous success.

All the sherdorks will be salty that Rousey is a way bigger draw than Conor is.
This simply isn't true, and it's not terribly close either.

All Ronda hating aside. From a business and marketing point of view, if this is true, it could actually be a good thing for future fights.

Fighters may not have to be forced to go on those bull shit Tom and Suzy morning shows to promote fights.

Ronda has done the LEAST amount of press I've ever seen for a main event, and if it still breaks records, or is even a success, then the UFC could learn something from it.

It'll do close to 1 million buys. Under the circumstances that's a very good number. The circumstances being a weak card, on a Friday and little known Nunes as the opponent for Ronda.

Ronda is still very popular, second only to Conor. Also, this is her comeback fight after getting her face kicked off. I wouldn't be surprised if this PPV did very well, despite the media blackout.

Wouldn't be surprised. People want to see if she can come back strong or if she's basically given up and gets knocked out in the first round.

Just for the record, it definitely won't break records, Friday PPV ruined any chances of that.

This. Exactly five years ago today Brock faced Overeem on a Friday PPV and that PPV was considered exteremely underwhelming compared to the normal trends (google searches, weigh in views) which indicated a PPV that would sell close to a million.

I'd be shocked if this PPV did more then 1.1 million. Really they should have put this one on a SB eve in Vegas and they could have gotten the full potential buys.

This. Exactly five years ago today Brock faced Overeem on a Friday PPV and that PPV was considered exteremely underwhelming compared to the normal trends (google searches, weigh in views) which indicated a PPV that would sell close to a million.

I'd be shocked if this PPV did more then 1.1 million. Really they should have put this one on a SB eve in Vegas and they could have gotten the full potential buys.
Should have done it on Christmas Eve, would have done absolutely crazy numbers, more than the record.

many casuals and celebrities etc like ronda I guess :D

HIGHLY unlikely. Conor is a bigger draw, and this is on a Friday. If this does $1M you'd have to consider it a tremendous success.

This simply isn't true, and it's not terribly close either.
Probably just UFC hype. I think the Friday date is exaggerated, mostly due to Meltzer. He always seems to be carrying water for the WWE guys. Lesnar barely sold over 500k vs Overeem and Meltzer tried to blame it on the Friday start. Not because Lesnar had just lost the belt in an embarrassing fashion. Meltzer was predicting 800k for UFC 207 before the Ronda media blackout.

There have been a few PPVs that trend high but don't have the buys to match, iirc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back