John Morgan reports rumour that Machida will make $1.5m per fight in Bellator

you're completely clueless if you think A) Machida should be paid that much b) that its sustainable c) that the deal with DAZN makes that much of a difference that you can justify paying Lyoto Machida 1.5M a fight.

If he gets 1.5M for 3-5 fights with Bellator, that's understandable (even 500k is a LOT for Machida, prob should be over 5 fights). But for each fight? That's a bit too much. He would tank the company.
Did I ever say he should get paid that much? No. I stated that there could be merit to the rumor. Never gave my opinion on anything.

And you realize DAZN pays Bellator $33m a year right? You have Lyoto Machida fight 3 times a year on those DAZN events and you don’t even make a dent into what they paid you. Bellator has investors now at this point, they have to spend capital because there’s expectations placed on them to put big fights on.

no chance he is making that per fight. Probably over the length of his contract.

good for Lyoto but funny thing is that it's not a 2009 and with a little bit of promotion Ilima-Lei Macfarlane, who Bellator pays 50k per fight, could do better ratings than Machida. not to mention that she is like 15 years younger. Coker bless.

More like 1.5 mill for 5 fights or something, 300k a fight.

There isnt a chance in hell Bellator can afford to pay him that, plus Machida said UFC was gonna match but he gave his word to Bellator already.

OK.

He made a promise to Coker and decided to keep his word.

That's literally why he's in Bellator now.

plus Machida said UFC was gonna match but he gave his word to Bellator already.

So was he no longer in the restricted free agent stage? Was under the impression if they matched you couldn't still choose to leave.

You guys are forgetting that Bellator has money to throw around now. With DAZN’s investment in them, they need big names and big fights. Machida is a name. He’s a household name and you put him in with Mousasi and Rory or Bader or Fedor or whoever the hell else, ppl will watch. I think $1.5m is reasonable considering they’re working with DAZN.

lmao.

This is the same dumbass logic nuthuggers used to justify Fedor's pay with every organization that went under, despite him never being a draw in the US. For bellator's sake, I hope this isn't true. Just because Bellator now has "DAZN money to throw around" doesn't mean to spend it reckless and carelessly with little to no forethought.

So was he no longer in the restricted free agent stage? Was under the impression if they matched you couldn't still choose to leave.

I think Machda said that the UFC "eventually" matched the Bellator offer, implying that it was after the matching period expired, so he was under no legal obligation to accept the UFC's matching offer at that point.

No fucking way.

That type
A bit confused, if they matched his offer why isn't he in the UFC?

Because he and Coker agreed to a deal and he didn't want to break his word, this is according to Machida.

A skeptic might agree with Mousasi and say because there's no usada and he can get back on the juice.

I'd say probably a bit of both

lmao.

This is the same dumbass logic nuthuggers used to justify Fedor's pay with every organization that went under, despite him never being a draw in the US. For bellator's sake, I hope this isn't true. Just because Bellator now has "DAZN money to throw around" doesn't mean to spend it reckless and carelessly with little to no forethought.
What logic? I never gave my opinion on the matter. I simply stated there could be merit to the rumor because Bellator now has another financial backing. Never stated I was a proponent of him being paid that amount. Reading comprehension. Use it.

Bellator don't know what the fuck they're doing.

A $1.5 Million for the ultra popular washed out former Champ?

Probably not, you hire some other top talents over him.

Highly doubt it is that much. He only said that is the rumor he heard.

I could see him getting like $300k. Going back 3 years to the Romero fight, he got $200k. I could see the UFC still offering him a bit more than that on a new contract, just because he is a bit of a name and longtime UFC guy.

Chances are he signed a 6 fight deal worth 1.5 million. As 6 fights deals seem to be quite common with Bellator.

250k per a fight sounds about right for Machida.

Though once again I don't think Machida is much of needle mover in the US. Maybe if they plan on doing a show Brazil he'll earn them some of that money back for them.

Back