John Meadows Dead At 49

I've been seeing this all over IG. RIP :(

John's content was great. A lot of his info got me training smarter over the years. Is there a gofundme set up to help with funeral costs? That's something worth a donation.

Really fucked up to see this this morning. His videos were good and he always made an effort to integrate his kid’s Yo-yo tricks into them. Seemed like a super nice and humble guy, and it also seemed like he cared a lot about his health. I wonder if he kept up the PEDs post heart attack. Anyway, most of it is probably just genetics and bad luck. Hope his family can get through this, really sad news.

This one really shocked me. I too binged his stuff during the pandemic and after my wife passed when all I could do was be alone and work out. His content was so helpful even when I wasn't lifting iron.

He seemed like genuinely great guy, like putting his son on his channel all the time.

Condolences to his wife and son. What a tragedy.

RIP Mountain Dog.

How he interacted with people in his vids seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

In addition, he was respected by the science community, the 'gym bros', body builders, powerlifters, etc. Not many people in that field get that same recognition and respect across the board.

I had no idea he was so well known. Tons of his videos have nearly a million views or more. Glad he got the recognition he deserved. Just too bad he was taken so soon.

Looks like his clotting disorder did a number on him. Bad luck genetics for a bodybuilder. It's a super shame, nicest guy in the biz.

RIP.

Big fan of him as a person and his training methods.

It seems surreal looking at the guys Q and A on his YouTube channel a couple of days before his death.

Didn’t look like a guy on his death bed at all.

RIP.

RIP. Seemed like a genuinely good dude. Made great content too.

Just started the colossus program again in his honor.

Is it interesting? He had a clotting disorder.

I think genecop is pretty active in all the different covid/vaccine threads floating around. I'd like to think he isn't playing some kind of angle here but I may be wrong.

Back