John McCain : Put boots on the ground in Iraq AND Syria

Why when we have no guts to do what would need to be done to really accomplish anything.

We would half ass it to be PC and screw it up worse, even our air support is half ass.

Its better we stay out then to fuck it up worse. Air support is OK I guess but we will get shit no matter what so damned if we do or damned if we don

Why when we have no guts to do what would need to be done to really accomplish anything.

We would half ass it to be PC and screw it up worse, even our air support is half ass.

Its better we stay out then to fuck it up worse. Air support is OK I guess but we will get shit no matter what so damned if we do or damned if we don

Only special forces should be on the ground. They can then direct the airforce to the right places.

what's the "non half ass" way of doing it?

You go in and kick the shit out of them by whatever conventional means necessary killing as many as possible. Then you get out, the problem being the only people to fill the vacuum are more shit heads with the same ideas by a different name.

Keep the air support to help counter IS but the last thing that is needed is troops on the ground. It's the Middle East which is basically Earth's version of Hell. Doesn't matter how many megalitres of water you pour on Hell - it's still gonna keep burning. No need for any troops to be on the ground.

You go in and kick the shit out of them by whatever conventional means necessary killing as many as possible. Then you get out, the problem being the only people to fill the vacuum are more shit heads with the same ideas by a different name.

That is different than what we did in Iraq in what way? We dusted their government fast.

Being to soft is not why we cant stomp out an insurgency. There is no way to identify targets, that is the problem.

McCain wants boots on the ground even in Syria , to ostensibly fight ISIS.

Putting boots on the ground in Iraq to fight ISIS I agree with but not in Syria. If we go into Syria , it will be another occupation clusterfcuk , with the US staying there for atleast a decade spending hundreds of billions trying to build up Syria , BUT it will probably turn into another Iraq.

ISIS is another excuse for McCain to get the US involved in a conventional war against Assad. NeoCons must be jerking off thinkin of the possibility of deposing Assad with US troops and demolishing Hezbollah/Iranian influence in the Levant.

This McCain ...
...good thing he didn't become President.

http://news.yahoo.com/mccain-urges-boots-ground-combat-190527393.html

Syria is a bit more developed than Afghanistan isn't it. I think an occupation will end up more like South Korea than an Afghanistan. But this time we should not make the same mistake as killing Saddam in Iraq. Leave Assad in power.

Admittedly, if McCain was president, we probably wouldn't have ISIS as we wouldn't have ridiculous foreign policy that led to the rise of this organization.

But yes, McCain is a ceaseless war monger who has no idea of how to not attack Middle Easterners we shouldn't be at war with (Shi'a powers).

But isn't that an oxymoron? Isnt it war that created ISIS, and warmongering from GW? Or are you saying that McCain would have wiped out ISIS as soon as they came out with that acronym for fear of being out-badassed?

Screw you, John. We should be working to unfuck ourselves from the Middle East, not stick our admittedly large dick back in the beehive.

We need to make ISIS a special case though. Had we not destabilized the region, ISIS would not have arisen. We would do ourselves a favor in the ME PR dept with the Sunnis if we did wipe out ISIS.

my god, what is it with this guy and war. He'll he said we should also send troops into the Ukraine to deal with the rebels aka war with russia. He cant go one day with out wanting a war or bombing something.

At least he is honest, and straight forward unlike GW.

lol

send john there so he can shoot his buddies in the face

That is different than what we did in Iraq in what way? We dusted their government fast.

Being to soft is not why we cant stomp out an insurgency. There is no way to identify targets, that is the problem.

I

If we just send enough troops, they'll learn to love freedom.

If it was up to John, we'd have so many troops strung out across the globe we'd need to institute the draft again. Really. Crimea/Ukraine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran. Where else does McCain want to get involved?

The strategic bombing survey conducted immediately post-WWII concluded that our carpet bombing was mostly ineffective. Why would it be effective on a dispersed population not reliant on any industrial centers?

To push them into the open and cripple all forms of supplies.

Wage war or not at all, the military is a piss poor police force.

When we were there, inability to crack strongholds was not even on the radar of problems. At all. If we knew where they were, then they died.

Or are you talking about carpet bombing entire towns.

Yes, which is why we should just stay out of it for the most part.

Yes, which is why we should just stay out of it for the most part.

For the most part? I fail to see how we are helping people in Iraq if we kill everyone that ISIS hasn't gotten to yet.

Pretty sure doing that to say, Baghdad would make us FAR worse than Isis.

Back