Media John Lineker starching some goof in One.

Weight has been this guys only problem. He is a great fighter.

Wasn't just weight. He repeatedly pulled out of fights at the last minute, then would complain about not getting fights. It was ridiculous.

There's no one so entertaining that you still want them on your roster when they've missed weight and pulled out that many times while blaming the organization for their own fuckups. I never side with the UFC but Lineker was as unprofessional as it gets.

He's always been a pure entertainment power puncher that prioritizes working the body, to wear down his opponent and bring his hands down but also just to finish a fight. I kinda get that the UFC was frustrated with him always missing weight and pulling out of fights, but when you look at how awesome pretty much every fight of his is, I think they missed a massive opportunity to keep him on the roster and maybe hook him up with the fine folks at the PI.

On a sidenote, I take it One FC has the standard Asian drug testing policy of three-quarters of fuck all? Man, Lineker's lookin' yoked!
Yeah I get it as well but like you said hook him up with the PI treatment or try and encourage him to move up a weight class . Weight cutting is fucked anyways but that's a whole different conversation .
I don't know about all of Asia but from what I can tell ONE FC isn't regulated by any government/ civil oversight committee in Singapore so I doubt they do drug testing(and if they do you have to take the company's word for it) and their hydration weight cutting system is really opaque .

Anyone else think that is the straightest punch Lineker has thrown in his entire career?

Bunch of pointless stance switching, then Lineker caught him the last time that he switched.

He caught him in the pocket with his lead hand half extended.

Worthen's left power hand was never established the whole fight.

For the record, by far the hardest hitting BW in the history of the division. I would say FLW too but I don't remember him successfully making that weight once:

giphy.gif

cx7JMJI.gif

140c6a8fb1610a887a5d7b9d4d6b90dd.gif

Lineker-KD-McDonald-SLO.gif

One has the no cutting weight weigh ins right? How’s he doing with that?

Lineker is awesome, I was super bummed out when they cut him from the UFC even though I kinda get it with his weight issues and pulling out and whatnot. But awesome fighter, real joy to watch. There are some great possible match ups over at ONE I bet. I want t see him against DJ for one and Bibiano if he's still fighting(don't really follow ONE closely).

Interesting, just thinking cos it says within that prison context that "The Canadian equivalent of the american term, punk" but then rattles off a load of words that I feel describe something way more extreme than what my impression of punk would be used for.

Like if that is the case then Punk is literally the equivalent in both senses that it can be used casually for a stupid person, but also could get you killed in prison.

Dana is secretly the Canadian Kingpin.

upload_2021-4-22_17-18-9.png
usa_today_9739628.jpg

QL4eLjd.jpg

Lineker is awesome, I was super bummed out when they cut him from the UFC even though I kinda get it with his weight issues and pulling out and whatnot. But awesome fighter, real joy to watch. There are some great possible match ups over at ONE I bet. I want t see him against DJ for one and Bibiano if he's still fighting(don't really follow ONE closely).

This ^ I should really look up Lineker's One fights. Sometimes you just forget to check up on fighters after they get cut. There's just too many events happening.

Last edited:
I call Lineker little Mark Hunt. Granite chin and KO power. Dude is action packed and only loses to the elite. At BW he only missed weight once against Dodson. He also had the balls to fight Zabit but the commission wouldn't allow. This guy has no fear. We need more fighters like him. He got let go because UFC is petty. Lineker pretty much whined about not getting enough fights and to be let go. Well, UFC instead of giving him more fights decided to let him go.

Sigh, would have loved to see Lineker vs Sandhagen 2. Would have loved to see Lineker vs Figgy.

Guy had a lot of skill but missed weight a lot. Shame. Maybe he will work his way back before this time next year?

He doesn’t want to come back, he asked to be released.

I missed it live, but caught up later that night (Damn TNT for not having that shit OnDemand)..

But John was fighting like someone annoying on the UFC videogame.. Spamming body shots, then going up top. Those sounds from those punches to the body. :confused:

Someone is going to have to take few of those, just to hopefully land a clean hook on John...because he leaves himself open...like wiiiiide open.

I missed it live, but caught up later that night (Damn TNT for not having that shit OnDemand)..

But John was fighting like someone annoying on the UFC videogame.. Spamming body shots, then going up top. Those sounds from those punches to the body. :confused:

Someone is going to have to take few of those, just to hopefully land a clean hook on John...because he leaves himself open...like wiiiiide open.

Problem is even if you land on him he also has a chin of stone.

Back