John Kavanagh to Require All SBG Ireland Fighters to Undergo Brain Scan in 2017

I know Conor haters will make their jokes but this should be standard for all gyms. Too many times I've seen guys in gyms just going full speed sparring when it's pretty obvious they have underlying brain issues
It should be full standard for anyone who gets a pro MMA license anywhere.

Seems like a nice action but who knows the motive.. maybe it was required to insure his gym in ireland or something u never know. Good shit either way tho, health first, unless u are platinum mike perry's next opponent then u are as good as dead, brain scan or not. #platinumbless

highly doubt he won't let conor represent SBG if his scan show something wrong or if he refuse to do it
but still a good thing for the lower fighter i guess, if it can prevent further damage to someone then good

I mean, yeah he's probably a good guy with his friends and all that, but I DESPISE him talking trash on twitter and talk like mcgregor and crap like that. just like artem and dillon do. it's really annoying

but other than that, he's most certainly not a scumbag. I mean, he's not mcgregor's TKD coach that killed a guy in ireland, that's for sure
That's what the Irish do

Dillon just biting

Despite all the shit he gets around here, Kavanagh seems like a good guy.

He just has a tendency to vicariously live through others. Also, his credentials and abilities are suspect.

Otherwise, good guy.

I don't like the guy, but this is a good move on his part. Not sure what the cost would be but if he is providing this to his team free of charge then kudos to him. It seems like a lot of fighters don't concern themselves with their long-term health, but coaches and promotions should be there to make them realize the importance of it.

Forward-thinking coach. One more reason to like the guy.

I DESPISE him talking trash on twitter and talk like mcgregor and crap like that. just like artem and dillon do. it's really annoying

Yet you go out of your way to read it and post about it.

<{walkerwhut}>

Yet you go out of your way to read it and post about it.

<{walkerwhut}>
?

my point of creating this thread was to make a joke about the brain scans. but other than that, I never read a kavanagh article, go to his twitter, instagram or whatever. the same thing I do for everyone that I don't like, like artem and that dillon guy

?

my point of creating this thread was to make a joke about the brain scans. but other than that, I never read a kavanagh article, go to his twitter, instagram or whatever. the same thing I do for everyone that I don't like, like artem and that dillon guy

It's not really something to be making jokes about really is it?

Should be applauded.

It's not really something to be making jokes about really is it?

Should be applauded.
why would a simple joke would matter?

especially when it wasn't even anything hardcore. it's not like I joked with a serious disease or something

Even if you're not a Conor/Kav fan, this is very encouraging and should be mandatory.

Nate gave Conor brain damage.

mj-laughing.gif

why would a simple joke would matter?

especially when it wasn't even anything hardcore. it's not like I joked with a serious disease or something
Chronic Traumatic encephalopathy is very serious.

Say what you want about McGregor and Kavanagh, but they are very smart when it comes to minimizing the amount of damage they take.

What you're laughing at dumbass

being choked can also give you brain damage even if you don't go out.

Arteries get compressed and the blood flow gets reduced, once the choke is released they come again suddenly and it isn't good for your brain to have a sudden rush of blood flow.

Even Sleep Apnea can damage your brain.

You don't have to be knocked out 10 times in a row and acquire brain damage from trauma only.

What you're laughing at dumbass

being choked can also give you brain damage even if you don't go out.

Arteries get compressed and the blood flow gets reduced, once the choke is released they come again suddenly and it isn't good for your brain to have a sudden rush of blood flow.

Even Sleep Apnea can damage your brain.

You don't have to be knocked out 10 times in a row and acquire brain damage from trauma only.

mv73_f-maxage-0.gif

Back