John Kavanagh Interview (Dissing American Wrestling)

Not sure how "Cloner" is a witty slight on Conor Mc.

I love how you call him "Coach" like he's your coach. AHAHAHHAHA. The sycophantism on sherdog is incredible!!!

Cute...Ragnarocker is trying to use big boy words.

Kavanaugh's gonna Kavanaugh.
leonardo-dicaprio-shrug-revolutionary-road-5zRdGJbnOOBuU

I mean, Chad does shoot a lot of blast doubles. He sets them up well, but it's a blast double all the same.

John is quite incorrect. That boring, predictable double leg will result in a very short tenure for Conor if he does not learn how to defend it. I don't feel the ease with which he was put on his back could be fully attributed to a knee injury. He better no really think that is the truth or he'll be screwing his fighter out of a potential top rate career.

The UFC will not allow anyone else with even decent wrestling near Conor for the next 1.5 - 2 years.

Someone really ought to put muzzles on these attention-whoring coaches already. And save one for Ronda's mom, while you're at it.

He's a second rate coach at the very best.

Ya see homie, thers a wee lil golfer named Bubba Watson who's had no professional training and won the Green Jacket... The MASTERS.

I think COnor gets a certain amount of basic tranining and he fills the rest as he sees fit elsewhere... like in Jacksons gym, etc. Perhaps the best indication of a fighters prowess is from their training partners. Their overall quality makes a big difference.

I made an observation today after watching Cruz fight Faber at UFC 132, that Conor and Cruz ought to get together as they compliment each other to a point where they need to fill each other in to make for a truly ultimate fighter.

Cruz pucnhes like love pillows, so Conor needs to show him power punching.

Conor needs to learn evasive manoeuvering and takedown defense from Cruz. Conor likes getting tagged for some reason in every round and is taken down at will... he's bullshitting when he says he loves it down there on his back... so he can rest, elbow...blah blah blah ya pikey twat.

I'm not sure how Conor will defend against the baseball kicks from W-aldo... he should not follow the path of his other l'il nemesis... Faberge Crack an Egg- Boy.

If I were Where's w-aldo favela boy... then I would take Conor Potatoe famine- boy to the ground and submit him like Duffy did. He's susceptible I reckon. And if I reckon, y'all just bow.

I'm quite aware that in the past I've defended Conor's wrestling. Even after the Mendes fight I defended his wrestling. He did KO Chad.

I'm not flip flopping. I've simply "refined" my position on SBG's wrestling.:p

Politicians "refine" their positions all the time. So to anybody who thinks I've flip flopped, kiss my arse.

I now believe Kavanagh is a wrestling douchebag who doesn't understand the wrestling discipline.

Conor will still beatdown Aldo and knock him the fuck out.

But Kavanagh is still a liability to him.

I'm quite aware that in the past I've defended Conor's wrestling. Even after the Mendes fight I defended his wrestling. He did KO Chad.

I'm not flip flopping. I've simply "refined" my position on SBG's wrestling.:p

Politicians "refine" their positions all the time. So to anybody who thinks I've flip flopped, kiss my arse.

I now believe Kavanagh is a wrestling douchebag who doesn't understand the wrestling discipline.

Conor will still beatdown Aldo and knock him the fuck out.

But Kavanagh is still a liability to him.

I wouldn't consider Aldo the biggest threat to Conor in the wrestling respect. It's all the fighters he may have to face after. Coaches are far from perfect and cannot plan for everything, but this seems to be an arrogant oversight on John's part. That's pretty unfair to his fighter. I don't know that it's something that Conor could fix quickly, but it's at least something they should be working on extremely hard in training.

Somebody' sore Chad put the blueprint out on how to beat Conor.

You're saying keep him down a bit then get finished in the second? (and make sure Conor re-injures his knee and can't train wrestling during the camp, or it may not work) and that's meant to be the blue print?

Somehow I doubt you'll get the desired result using that method.

The blue print to finish Conor lol. The Blue print to finishing Conor is the same Anderson. Beat him on the feet. Good luck with that though.

what's so strange about what he said? Blast double? Rogan has said that before; i highly doubt that's viewed as a deregatory term anywhere.

and when has Mendes really needed to show anything else? He has the best double leg in the game. He practically superman tackles anyone and everyone he faces. Schilt won world titles with his jab.

Make no mistake: Kavanagh is a very smart guy, but he will talk absolute nonsense when trying to feed fans and opposing camps messages about Conor's abilities.

I think that privately, he and Conor are very aware of the holes in his game.

Wow he dares to correctly suggest eastern european wrestling is at least as good as the states and that chad relies a lot in that blast double....what a bastard , he can keep his accurate assesments to himself dammit

Make no mistake: Kavanagh is a very smart guy, but he will talk absolute nonsense when trying to feed fans and opposing camps messages about Conor's abilities.

I think that privately, he and Conor are very aware of the holes in his game.

Just on that second bit: you think Conor looks at himself as the most flawless MMA fighter out there? Hate doing this, but to paraphrase Conor; 'he's still only a white belt in the sport' you'll never hear Conor shy away from talking about improving all the time. And I don't think he means improving his strengths, I think it's his strengths and weaknesses'

I don't think Conor totally closed the door on training with other fighters or having them come over to Dublin to train with him, his opinion is more of fighters who switch from different gym to gym is the wrong way to go about it. People get his opinion mixed up with him, supposedly, stating fact.

Not sure what your issue with what I said is. I just stated quite clearly that Conor and Kavanagh aren't fools and know that he isn't perfect.

And speaking of how he comes across in the media, yeah, I've head those more candid comments as well. However increasingly, Conor's fan favor persona is taking over. You know: the one that claims that he will win all the grappling exchanges with Mendes and "butcher him from the bottom".

Not sure what your issue with what I said is. I just stated quite clearly that Conor and Kavanagh aren't fools and know that he isn't perfect.

And speaking of how he comes across in the media, yeah, I've head those more candid comments as well. However increasingly, Conor's fan favor persona is taking over. You know: the one that claims that he will win all the grappling exchanges with Mendes and "butcher him from the bottom".

Don't have any issues with what you said. Just got the impression from the last point you made that Conor & Kavanagh were in some sort of denial of holes in his game (my bad if you weren't) They're obviously going to speak about it in private.

Yeah, his pre fight persona talk is going to be used in promos. At the end of the promo just before the Mendes fight Conor says "there's not a man alive that can beat me" that's not what he said. Nice editing from the UFC all the same.

Ah, fighters have alway talked about doing such & such to one another when they speak to one another directly and don't do it. Same with Mendes method of beating Conor via "knocking this dude out or putting him on his back the whole fight"

Back