Elections John Kasich would win in 2020

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Despite what the trump bots here would tell you I think a lot of Republicans are embarrassed by him. If they want to win 2020 I feel a bipartisan guy like Kasich is their best shot

So the people who voted for a guy who's slogan was build the wall will now want a RINO who is as open borders as the liberal democrats? I doubt it

So the people who voted for a guy who's slogan was build the wall will now want a RINO who is as open borders as the liberal democrats? I doubt it

What Republicans would you like to see run for President if Trump does not?

Despite what the trump bots here would tell you I think a lot of Republicans are embarrassed by him. If they want to win 2020 I feel a bipartisan guy like Kasich is their best shot

tenor.gif

The best thing about Kasich is that he is about as realistic of a fiscal conservative as it gets without getting to Rand Paul levels of craziness. He is also a really compassionate speaker. Regardless of how it translates to policy, he has by far has the most unifying rhetoric of any mainstream politician in the country. He makes everyone else sound like a partisan hack.

His problem is that he doesn't fire up the base enough to win a primary. Kasich is a general election candidate but will never make it that far.

The best thing about Kasich is that he is about as realistic of a fiscal conservative as it gets without getting to Rand Paul levels of craziness. He is also a really compassionate speaker. Regardless of how it translates to policy, he has by far has the most unifying rhetoric of any mainstream politician in the country. He makes everyone else sound like a partisan hack.

His problem is that he doesn't fire up the base enough to win a primary. Kasich is a general election candidate but will never make it that far.

You nailed it in that last sentence. Kasich would be great running in a national election but he'll never throw enough red meat to the base to get to that point. We're talking about a Republican base that just elected Donald Trump, who is the polar opposite of Kasich as far as rhetoric goes.

He's even called a RINO. I'm not sure why.

I wanted Kasich in 2016 but If he didn’t win in 2016, I don’t see how he’d win in 2020. I’d like the party more if they ran guys like him and Huntsman Jr but they are like a sharp contrast from Trump in presentation.

No. I greatly prefer Kasich, and it's not even clear if Trump will be free to run with Mueller 6 months away from releasing his findings, but even Watergate wouldn't sink him in 2018, that's obvious how profound the cult of personality around Trump has become in the Republican party with everything we've already learned about his misdeeds, and it's never the smart play to divide the party when it has already coalesced around a leader.

The only way the Democrats can lose is if they continue to divide themselves the way they did at their National Convention where nearly half the attendees were literally booing and protesting their own candidate Hillary while calling for her to be disqualified from the ticket. The Republicans would become equally divided if they ran another candidate, and they are equally divided on candidates like Kasich/Cruz.

Trump reached that magical tipping point, and the economy (in the short term) is strong. It would be an epic folly to change horses mid-stream.

Kasich vs Sanders is the general election we should have gotten in 2016.

lol
a "bispartisan guy" aka pro amnesty RINO .
I bet the dems would love to see him running.

This is fan fiction, nothing more.

I would prefer Kasich to anyone of the Dems. The problem though is that Kasich doesn't stand for anything.

Kasich wouldn't even be competitive. The idiot even admitted he couldn't beat Trump in 2020. He couldn't even compete with him in 2016. The only thing that would change in 2020 is that he would even lose Ohio to Trump this time. 85/90% of republican voters support Trump now. That's a lot higher than it was in 2016 when he won the primary without much of a fight from other republicans. It's just stupid, or dishonest, to pretend anyone could beat Trump in the 2020 republican primary. MAGA!

I think Kasich must have somehow become "bipartisan" just by acting vaguely like an adult. The more I look into him, he's just a typical garbage Republican with weak gestures toward the center who panders all he can to the Jesus freaks.

I would prefer Kasich to anyone of the Dems. The problem though is that Kasich doesn't stand for anything.

Neither does Trump. Trump is much better at getting people to buy his shit though.

He is utter garbage and embarrassed himself badly shoving food in his mouth on the campaign.

Neither does Trump. Trump is much better at getting people to buy his shit though.
Not really. My taxes are lower. My business has a little less unnecessary red tape. More sex traffickers are behind bars.....

As an American, those are some positive steps!

Kasich vs Sanders is the general election we should have gotten in 2016.
<PlusJuan> unfortunately, like others have said , its become a reality show, the DNC hate sanders, and kasich wont appeal to the loonies

Kasich is a loser. What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that guys like him are never going to replace guys like Trump. They don't have the same political views on huge issues like immigration, trade, and foreign intervention. The MAGA movement existed before Trump, and it will exist after Trump.

Trump was smart enough to see there was a huge number of disillusioned republicans, traditional democrats, and independent voters who were sick of being ignored on those issues. We aren't going back to supporting out of touch candidates like Kasich no matter what. Guys like him are hated by a significant number of the republican base because they were willing to give the country to Hillary before supporting Trump. Kasich even had to cancel a speech that was planned after the 2016 election about the future of the republican party. He didn't think Trump had a chance to win, and thought he could jump in and lead the party after his defeat, but all he did was destroy his image even further.

Last edited:

Trump stands for what he campaigned on. He's smart enough to understand he needs his base, and that he can't win over the left no matter what. As long as he fights to keep his promises he will keep his base. It's ridiculous to think anything else matters. Who cares what his underlying motivation is to do the right thing. He listens to his base who elected him and that's all that matters. It good to have a president that listens.

Back