John Fogerty Was A Bad...

Jumpy

Invincible
@Silver
Reaction score
Mother Fucker. I didn't realize Fogerty played the lead guitar in CCR, as well as being able to sing like the mother fucker to end all mother fuckers. I'd post videos but I'm at a bar drinking a beer having just got off work, so I'm more focused on consuming while you guys post content.

Gotta say, the CCR "Heard it Thru the Grapevine," is way better than Marvin Gaye's. Fogerty's passion conveyed through his voice and guitar, shit is sublime.

Definitely one of my favorite lead guitar/vocalists. Up there with Clapton(though Jack had the better voice as far as Cream went) and God himself, Mr. Jimi Hendrix as far as that goes.

Creedence were tight, as popular as they were/are, they are underrated by some people who think they make hillbilly music. They were some groovy motherfuckers.

What's crazy to me is I always thought these guys were straight out of the Louisiana bayou, but they're from SoCal hah. Truly blew my mind when I found that out.

I was listening to some recent Old Man Fogerty and while he can still play the shit out of the guitar, his voice is broken. Sad stuff, he used to tear it up

Only a bad ass would get sued for sounding like himself.

Different strokes. I like Marv's version but the CCR cover is great.

The original by Gladys Knight and the Pips wasn't very good. Smokey Robinson did it better. Marvin Gaye did it much better but I like CCR's version the best.

Only a bad ass would get sued for sounding like himself.

And playing the music he wrote after his bandmates sold the rights. That is quite a screwed up situation.

Back