John Dodson at 152 pounds day of fight

Dominick Cruz walks at 156-159 and Barao at 170. Most bantams cut from between 150-160.

They don't cut from there tho. They start camp at that. Shed some fat through how much they're working and not being able to eat enough even if they wanted, and then they cut 13-15 pounds, Barao might be 18

so the guy whos the champ in weight class above can go down n fight?

thats wahy its a joke having a weight class every 10 pounds.

thats why there should be 25 pounds between weight classes.

this shit is turning mma into boxing.

true that

Jeez. So he cuts like a fifth of his bodyweight? That's unreal.

I've made that transition in weight

..over the course of a few months on a serious drug binge.

Fuck, that's an insane amount to cut

Two observations:

1) Despite the headline saying "gains 25 pounds," the story makes it 24.5 pounds IN CLOTHES. Probably closer to 20.

2) He ended up losing to a visibly smaller guy in a fight in which he was the more tired fighter in the third period, so maybe not the greatest idea after all.

I highly doubt sweats and a tshirt is anywhere close to 4 pounds

I highly doubt sweats and a tshirt is anywhere close to 4 pounds

Well, if they're any more than 2.25 pounds, I was correct in saying his rehydration was closer to 20 pounds.

Well, if they're any more than 2.25 pounds, I was correct in saying his rehydration was closer to 20 pounds.

Good for you

Also highly unlikely some sweats and tshirt weighed over 2.25 pounds, so you're still wrong.

Not surprised. Im 5'4 and weigh 150 with about 12% bf. And Dodson looks much more muscular than me at probably 8-10%

Do we know if this is for real and that he's isn't holding a weight or something to play mind games though? This is more weight than Barao puts back on at a lower weight class...

This, anyway insane (and awful) if true.

Rumble says he's not impressed unless he fights in 2 weight classes on the same night.

Hellova cut. How good do you sleep after eating and re-hydrating

JOhn Generally walks around at 158-160 and very lean. I dont think I have ever seen him out of shape in the 6 years I've known him. He's only 5'3" but he is damn strong. Definitely hits a lot harder than most 155lbers or under i've trained with. He will probably be around 154 come fight time tonight.

JOhn Generally walks around at 158-160 and very lean. I dont think I have ever seen him out of shape in the 6 years I've known him. He's only 5'3" but he is damn strong. Definitely hits a lot harder than most 155lbers or under i've trained with. He will probably be around 154 come fight time tonight.
Thanks for posting this. Always interesting to learn how fighters prepare.

images

Back