John Danaher Leg lock and back attack dvd?

What's the point of sacrificing what's left of your body when you won't ever be in a condition to perform well again?

Because everyone who does bjj long enough have injuries. I've had a herniated disc for the past 5yrs and still roll with my students even in pain.

Let's see if you will roll as much as him at your age.

Your degree of developing osteoarthritis is directly proportional to how much and how hard you roll in BJJ.

I've already have major injuries and still train. There are alot of blackbelts who get their belt with enough time. Alot of them don't even train, they just show up talk, teach lower belts but never roll. In my opinion I don't think that right.

There are alot of blackbelts who get their belt with enough time.

A black belt doesn't mean anything other than someone gave it to you.
if you want to show how good you are you compete (and the belt color just shows what the division you compete in).
It's super lame to care about belt colors if you don't compete and are older then 12 years old.

All these BJJ guys with injuries. Lol. You all need to value safety more.

This dude showed me how bad ass his BJJ fingers were a couple of weeks ago. I said "No dumb dumb - those are not BJJ fingers. Those are Bouchard's and Heberden's nodes - a sign of osteoarthritis."

If someone doesn't want to roll because they want to rest or value their safety while taking pleasure in teaching, there is nothing wrong with that.

A black belt doesn't mean anything other than someone gave it to you.
if you want to show how good you are you compete (and the belt color just shows what the division you compete in).
It's super lame to care about belt colors if you don't compete and are older then 12 years old.

Agree. Danaher has never competed even when he was healthy to do so.

Agree. Danaher has never competed even when he was healthy to do so.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Why would anyone care about the competition record of a potential instructor? Presumably, because they are looking for proxies that would indicate or implicate ability for providing valuable service as a coach or teacher or instructor.

So the real important thing then, the important thing you really care about, is the quality of people they can produce (which may potentially include yourself), yes? And if you actually had actual examples of people they have already produced theretofore, that would be the clearest signal of all, yes?

Well then; a strait forward question, with a strait forward manner of verification: what are the comparative records of people whom Danaher has Produced? What are the highest achievements people he has produced attained?

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Why would anyone care about the competition record of a potential instructor? Presumably, because they are looking for proxies that would indicate or implicate ability for providing valuable service as a coach or teacher or instructor.

So the real important thing then, the important thing you really care about, is the quality of people they can produce (which may potentially include yourself), yes? And if you actually had actual examples of people they have already produced theretofore, that would be the clearest signal of all, yes?

Well then; a strait forward question, with a strait forward manner of verification: what are the comparative records of people whom Danaher has Produced? What are the highest achievements people he has produced attained?

I don't know that answer. I know tonon and alot of the death squad were taught by other instructors too not just by danaher. Danaher if anything he improved their leg locks. They were all winners before that though.

Buy fanatics posted on their Instagram page the leg lock DVD will be available this week. This a content list available.

BiYUmwxFvvC

BiYUmwxFvvC

cant believe people are actually saying this lol like others were tyring to dis neil in another thread in this game today with so many black belts if you have top guys under you then you are pretty damn legit john wouldnt have all these amazing killers under him if he wasnt as good as he is who cares if he competed competition isnt everything theres tons of guys who didnt compete

you should base a guy off his students in teaching not his competiton record tons of guys can win by just being crazy athletic the pablo popovitches ect

like others were tyring to dis neil

I don't think people really doubt Danahers technique, it's just that he is obnoxious. OTOH neil melanson is just some ugly roider trying to sell crap techniques over the internet.
Danaher has trained Gordon Ryan, has trained anyone who does well in jiu jitsu comps?
IMHO Nicky Ryan would tap Neil easy.

Last edited:
I don't think people are really doubt Danahers technique, it's just that he obnoxious. OTOH neil melanson is just some ugly roider trying to sell crap techniques over the internet.
Danaher has trained Gordon Ryan, has trained anyone who does well in jiu jitsu comps?
i agree some o his necktie and arm chokes are very good and has some weird guard psoitions but he ahs some solid stuff alot of guys on the forum with decent rank agrees and alot of top mma grapplers are big fans tbh alot of catch type judo guys usually have some weird funky stuff int here game no disrespect

his triangle stuff is pretty solid and impressive for such a big guy i never seen judo/catch guys hit triagles from bottom especially a heavy weight guy whos in his 40s

on the danaher note are you trying to say john isnt one of the top no gi coaches on the planet? im sure rather the people wana admit it or not but im willing to be 95% of this forum would trade there coach for john if they could

on the danaher note are you trying to say john isnt one of the top no gi coaches on the planet? im sure rather the people wana admit it or not but im willing to be 95% of this forum would trade there coach for john if they could

Danaher has coach good guys. He is the ONLY BJJ coach in the world that didn't have good results personally in comps that I'm convinced is any good.

Danaher has coach good guys. He is the ONLY BJJ coach in the world that didn't have good results personally in comps that I'm convinced is any good.

people just dont like his personality regardless of the kinda person you are it doesnt change how good of a teacher they are

I've already have major injuries and still train. There are alot of blackbelts who get their belt with enough time. Alot of them don't even train, they just show up talk, teach lower belts but never roll. In my opinion I don't think that right.

Pretty sure Danaher and your injuries are not even comparable. But keep comparing apples to oranges. How many back surgeries have you had??? ZERO?

Go get your back fused and see how much you roll.

Pretty sure Danaher and your injuries are not even comparable. But keep comparing apples to oranges. How many back surgeries have you had??? ZERO?

Go get your back fused and see how much you roll.

I need surgery buy my Dr informed me if I was going to continue to compete and roll hard, I should wait because I can ruin my disc after surgery and wouldn't be smart $ wise .

i agree some o his necktie and arm chokes are very good and has some weird guard psoitions but he ahs some solid stuff alot of guys on the forum with decent rank agrees and alot of top mma grapplers are big fans tbh alot of catch type judo guys usually have some weird funky stuff int here game no disrespect

his triangle stuff is pretty solid and impressive for such a big guy i never seen judo/catch guys hit triagles from bottom especially a heavy weight guy whos in his 40s

My coach is a beast so no lol.

All these BJJ guys with injuries. Lol. You all need to value safety more.

This dude showed me how bad ass his BJJ fingers were a couple of weeks ago. I said "No dumb dumb - those are not BJJ fingers. Those are Bouchard's and Heberden's nodes - a sign of osteoarthritis."

If someone doesn't want to roll because they want to rest or value their safety while taking pleasure in teaching, there is nothing wrong with that.

It's wrong when black belts who don't roll post things on social media acting like they are training. When you know that they are not and just sitting on the wall talking about what ifs and philosophy.

Back